or Connect

Posts by jecaly

thank you so much! we did, in fact, notice some things--it could be just correlation, but about a week after i stopped eating them, she crawled for the first time, said her own name, made up a name for her sister, and started pulling herself up to standing all the time. (she's nine months old). woah. this makes me feel awful for a) basically surviving on eggs throughout my pregnancy and b) her infancy, during which i also ate lots of eggs while she took 3 months to...
at our preschool (kids are 2-4), the understanding for birthday parties is that kids can choose something from their own toys, or make something as a gift, or not bring one at all. this focuses attention on the celebration or activity, and (a little) away from the gifts, while at the same time really giving the kids a chance to TRULY give something. hazel even took it upon herself this year to choose things from her toys to give to her cousins when they visited for...
yep, my mostly-breastfed 9-month-old dd2 has an anaphylactic egg allergy--vomits for hours every time she has eaten them--but i just this week stopped eating eggs, because she has great digestion, no excema, no anything that would indicate an allergy until she ate them herself (and she had only yolks). this is my first foray into the world of child food allergies, so it wasn't until her allergist told me to stop that it occurred to me that it might not be a good idea....
we've got it here, too--have already had one oatmeal bath, and looking forward to calamine lotion painting tomorrow! is there any such thing as paraben-free calamine? *j
thanks for posting this! i just ordered one too.
oh, boy. we live in san francisco, and pay (granted, super-qualified nanny-type grad students and yoga teachers) $15/hr for 1 kid and $20/hr for 2. aiee! *j
my two-year-old can hold her pee for a really long time; i think it depends on the kid. she will sometimes wake up in the morning, not having peed since 8pm the night before, and have to be coaxed onto the potty to pee. if we forget to do that, sometimes we'll be leaving the house at 9 or later when we realize she still hasn't peed! after the morning one, she'll often go no more than three more times throughout the day. she drinks water and some juice. i've heard the...
hi! i found you! scheeli, how fun that you're gonna have three girls! i'm really enjoying our two, even though i was so convinced oona was a boy while she was in utero. oona is four months old now, so things have settled down considerably in our household--the girls can interact with each other a bit more every day, it seems, and they seem to really like each other. hazel brings oona toys, and oona watches hazel all the time. let's see, what else--i had my first...
yup, my 3mo sleeps in a carrier of some kind all day long, it seems, and she takes awhile to get settled at night, but once she's down she sleeps for a good long stretch. my dd1 didn't do this, even though she slept in carriers all day long too! i agree that whatever will be, will be. *j
thanks, you guys! i'm so glad to hear that others have experienced the same thing. it's a little freaky, this newborn with teeth thing! i feel much better now--i'm off to get a cool washcloth for her. *j