or Connect

Posts by olien

My 24mo DS is wetting through everything. (well maybe not everything - it just feels that way ) No its not wicking. The diapes just cant hold the amount of pee. I think he doesnt go as often so when he does go the flood gates open. I use: For outings - FB (3layer insert) with a hemp doubler - usually leaks For naps - FB (3layer insert) with a hemp doubler & an infant PF - often leaks Softbums - I only have one bec he always saturates the whole thing even with...
The only thing I have found to work is a happy hempy fitted. What do use??
My 24mo DS is a heavy wetter. I think what is happening is he is waiting longer between pees & when he goes it is a lot. I have been using snugglebottoms contours. I loved them when he was little, but now that he is bigger he goes right through them. I cant even think of using one without a doubler. I am not a prefold girl although I do have a few that I use for back up. Can you recommend a contour or fitted that is trim yet absorbant?? What do use for a daytime...
How many should I have with 2 in diapes? Do you use less cloth wipes than you would when using disposable? What do you keep them in? A disp wipes container? Dry by a sink? Or wet?
Quote: Originally Posted by Red Sonja I love my velour wipes! I have some that are flannel/velour, terry/velour (like the terry side for messy diapers!), and some really soft velour/velour ones. I liked the velour/velour ones so much that I now have them in my bathroom. I've bought fantastic wipes from both of these places: http://hyenacart.com/onestore.php?vid=2453&category=10 (I have a few customs fron her, she has an on-going thread on DS if...
Love the Flip. Hate the TDuo. The Flip cover is great! I have used it with their insert, prefolds & contour diapes. Never had a leak/blowout with one. No red marks. The T Duo I think is a cheap quality product. I have 2 in diapes & cant get it to fit either properly. I have had many leaks. I guess bec I cant get a good fit. If I was to get more PUL covers I would order again from www.swaddleincloth.etsy.com The fit is great, nice gussets & have great...
I think I would be more nervous to get it dry cleaned than to carefully hand wash it myself. I was just trying to figure out what to use to wash it with tho. woolite? natural goats milk soap that I use on my LOs?
My Mom gave me my christening outfit to use for my DD. (OK, now you know how old I am) Anyway some areas of it are yellowing. Mainly on the stitching. It is 3 layers. The first layer is silk & looks great. The next two layers are a silkyish sheer material. Those are the problem layers. The top layer has leaves stitched on it & some of them are yellow as well as some of the other thread. Also it just needs to be cleaned. I really dont want to ruin it. I realize some of...
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebunny Does she mean that your local Montessori schools cater to students with developmental delays? I'm not sure how to take the comment. From the way you wrote it, it sounds rather offensive. I guess I don't understand the commenter's background to know why that (dev delayed kids being at Montessori) matters. She was saying that her children are so advanced for their age that public school may be a hinderance...
My very limited background with M: My LO just turned 2 & not in any type of daycare or school. I really like the theorys behind M schooling & we have incorporated a lot of M ideas in our home. If we dont Hschool then we will go with M. I am actually thinking of sending my DS for 2 days a week (2.5hrs ea) to see how he likes it & grows from the experience. Anyway, I was with my HMN group the other day & after listening to another moms concerns with the public school...