or Connect

Posts by lisamarie

The Tacoma/North Slope/Proctor area/North/West End are all wonderful areas. Having been born and raised here, Tacoma has gone through quite a transition. There are 3 Farmer's Market that are great - Downtown, Proctor and one of off 6th and Pine. All start up around March or April. There is a LLL at the Wheelock Library and the Birthing Inn used to have a new Mom's support group. The Birthing Inn and The Pearl Place Midwives are great and supportive in whatever type of...
Great to hear! I had a wonderful walk this past week around the North Slope. Love looking at all of the old houses. Welcome to T-Town, Lisa
Here is a current thread going on about Tacoma that might be helpful: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ghlight=tacoma Also, this website has information about some of the different neighborhoods, schools, great fun ideas to do with kids and restaurant recommendations: http://www.tacomamama.com Are you looking to buy or rent? Angie Schmidt at the Gig Harbor Coldwell Banker may be able to help you find something. She was raised in the North End and knows...
Hope you have a great birthday!
The LLL meetings at Wheelock used to be on Friday's, but I would go to the LLL website to see if that has changed at all. I attended LLL meetings with a nursing toddler and I always found great support with nutritional needs/changes, challenges of nursing a toddler, sleep/nursing issues etc. It was also a wonderful place to connect with other like minded Moms. Warmly, Lisa
They are redoing the Wheelock Library and now they have a fantastic kids room, separate from the rest of the libary. When you walk in, its to the right hand side. All of the picture books, puzzles, etc. are all located in there now. Mason Middle School used to be Mason Jr. High, but TSD switched to Middle School's about 20 years ago. We LOVE the Proctor area and all it has to offer - Teaching Toys, Europa, Pomodoro, the library, the drycleaners, Metro Market, Chalet...
There are quite a few of us Tacoma Mamas around MDC. Visit www.tacomamama.com for some great information about Tacoma. There is a North Tacoma LLL which is held at the Wheelock Library on North 26th and Proctor. There you will meet lots of like minded BF Mom's. Also, there are a few stores in the area that carry slings as well. Once the Farmer's Markets get going in the Spring, you will see alot of slinged babies there and another way to connect with local...
Olympia has a great Waldorf School that is run by a Mothering mama. Also, there is the Tacoma Waldorf School which has a Parent Toddler program and a K-3 school. Good Luck, Lisa
Tacoma would be a fantastic fit. Check out www.tacomamama.com for great ideas on schools, neighborhoods, local community events and health care. Having been born and raised here, Tacoma has gone through its share of ups and downs like any city. But for the past 5 years, we have gotten new museums, UWT, great local farmer's markets, fantastic downtown restaurants while still being afforable. MultiCare (Tacoma General) is a great medical facility with a Children's...
I saw that yesterday and applaud her! :