or Connect

Posts by lisamarie

Good to see you. How are you? Hugs, Lisa
I was here pre-crash and have gone through so many things with so many of you here MDC. Remember when we only had a handful of forums and just a few members? In the 8 years that I've been here, I have made so many dear friends whom I still have contact with, even though I don't post as much as I used to. Warmly, Lisa:
I remember when your dd was born and the journey that you have been on. You are an amazing mama! Thanks for the update and will be thinking of you all on that incredible day. Much Love, Lisa
Happy Birthday!: It has been a year of turning 40 for both me and my dh (his is tomorrow). I had a tough time leading up to it, but its great now! Hope you have a wonderful time in NYC!flowersforyou: Hugs, Lisa:
The adoptive mother has been invited to the birth and to be in the room while the birthmom is laboring. There is a social worker involved who is working with both the adoptive parents and the birthmom on all of the decisions in terms of holding the baby immediately after birth, etc. On Sunday, I going to be going over some of the birth plans and postpartum plans with both parties to see what has been agreed upon. I see that both sets of parents will need much care in...
Thank you for your feedback. One thought that has come to mind is having my back up doula present at the birth for the birthmom and myself there for the adoptive parents, so that both parties are being supported throughout the process. Any other ideas, feedback, advice would be great! Thanks, Lisa
I have been hired by both a birthmom and adoptive parents to support the birthmom in her labor. Even though I have been a doula for some time, I have no experience in this area. Has anyone supported a birthmother during her pregnancy and birth who had plans to give up her baby for adoption? How did it go? Any advice that you can give me is greatly appreciated! Warmly, Lisa
Lighting a light and remembering my loved ones ~ remembering my Mom, My Former DH and My Grandmother. Much Love & Light, Lisa
My heart goes out to you and your family. Please know that this community is here for you as you ride the wave of grief and loss and that you are not alone. Much Love & Hugs, Lisa
Lighting a candle in Memory and Love of Mighty Mama . Warmly, Lisa