or Connect

Posts by lisamarie

My heart goes out to you and your family. Please know that we are here to listen and cry with you during this time of utter loss. Also know that the Pregnancy and Birth Loss forum might also be a good resource for you and your brother. Lighting a candle tonight for your sweet nephew. Hugs, Lisa
Lighting a candle for your Dad. Much Love & Light, Lisa
Lighting a candle for your sweet sister. Hugs, Lisa
My Grandmother had a stillborn baby boy when my Mom was about 10 years old. It was the only boy they ever had and even though my Mom would share her memories about what happened, I never asked my Grandmother. He was buried in the same cemetary that my Mom, Grandmothers and Grandfathers are buried. Whenever I go visit their graves, I always place flowers there for him and for another Uncle of mine that died when he was 3 years old. I want him to be remembered and his...
Love the Mom and Me pouch. My dd loved cuddling up it it and it was so easy and comfortable to wear Warmly, Lisa
Always, always, always. Would have voted, but I tip for both. Warmly, Lisa
I too, have noticed the similarities and see the great beauty in both. I remember reading about a program in NY about dying or death doulas. Just as birth doulas are there to be with the family as they bring a new soul into the world, there are doulas present to be with a person as their soul exits the world. Having also been a doula and a volunteer at a grief and loss center, this type of work touches my heart. Thank you for sharing your story with us. My Mother...
I have volunteered here as a mod. since 2001 (wow, time flies!) and have been very active in my son's school, being a room parent, since he was little. Besides being very passionate about MDC, my other passion is grief and loss. I am a grief and loss group facilitator for a family grief and loss center and also volunteer for Camp Erin: http://www.moyerfoundation.org/events/erin.asp Warmly, Lisa
My first dh died by suicide when my ds was 3 years old. At the time, we talked to him about death in very, very basic terms. But as he got older, he wanted more information. Through counseling and guidance, we gently told him the details surrounding his Father's death. I did not want him finding out the truth from someone else or feeling that he could not ask questions about his Father's suicide. Its such a difficult subject for adults and it can be painful talking...
Sending prayers and please keep us posted. Warmly, Lisa