or Connect

Posts by mandymom3

I was previously an Elementary teacher, and replaced my full time income (to be home with my 3 boys) and have been working from home with our "Stayin Home and Lovin' it" team for the past 7 1/2 years. Internet and phone with long distance is needed. No selling/inventory. (I live in a town of just 700 so selling wasn't an option for me... out here in the country!) No large investment. Motivated women who can work independently are successful. Children are...
I have 3 sons and my youngest recently potty trained. (yipee!) We always try to choose the "cleanest" (if thats possible!) public toliet, and wash hands good and use hand santizer. My boys never had a huge fear, it was just matter of fact, what we had to do to continue with the activities we were doing, after carrying so much already I can't imagine toting something for them to potty on around too. But like I said they were really that bothered or too afraid by it; so...
I have never been a super strict schedule person either. As long as we got in the nap at approximately the right time of day and bedtime right around the time we think is appropriate, I think thats great. My youngest is almost 3 and all done with naps but he gets to sleep in in the a.m. so that is kinda his "nap". I tried to just take the cues when they seemed ready and listened to their "body clock" rather than watching the clock on the wall too strictly. Not to...
YES. Mine always were and my youngest who is now 3 years old is STILL that way!! I am covering up with a big thick blanket at night, and if I do the same with him, he wakes up crying and sweating! So we have learned, he takes about 1 LESS layer than we do otherwise he gets too warm at night.
You all are so creative with your usernames and the neat meanings! I guess I need some of you all's creative juices, mine is just mandymom3 because my name is Amanda and I am the Mom of 3. I have 3 boys so I need to do something creative with that with the whole "my 3 sons" theme or something. ? Either way I enjoy reading your reasons and meanings to your usernames. I need to make mine less boring! lol
Been there my 11 almost 12 year old was diagnosed at age 7. Get your son the diagnosis so that he can start getting the help he needs. Having been a teacher myself, you do not want your son going "under the radar" at school. If there is no diagnosis it will be more difficult to get him assistance and modifications and may struggle socially and academically. Also you can begin learning more about how you can help him. I had the same feelings. It was my "hunch" that...
I have an 11 year old Autistic(aspergers) ADHD son. We consider it a disabillity, just like if one of my other son's needed glasses, poor hearing, or any other condition that disabled them from being able to function at an acceptable level socially or academically or otherwise. Do not confuse disability with mental illness. Autism or having a disability of any kind is NOT an illness or do not let the school classify your child as emotional disturbed. (like mine...
I have 3 very active handsome boys. (they are handsome and thats just not my opinion either LOL) My oldest Logan 11 is Autistic (Aspergers) and ADHD (He is very special and is the kindest, most honest person you could meet!) My other 2 amazing sons are Morgan who is 6 and Lathon is 2. Morgan is great at letting Logan know when he socially is saying something "odd" and Lathon is great at letting both of his brothers know how very important they are to him with lots of...
I have worked from home for 7 years and I don't sell. Mainly I work online and phone. I actually live in a town that only has 700 ppl so, selling wouldn't be an option! I used to be an elementary teacher but wanted to be home with my 3 boys.