or Connect

Posts by berry987

We drink raw milk and I use it in cooking, too. When the kids have friends over to play sometimes they want a snack or drink. I never offer a glass of milk because I know some parents would be opposed to their kids drinking it and I'd just prefer to avoid that issue entirely. But most of our food is homemade, so sometimes there is raw milk IN something. I make smoothies with raw milk and raw egg yolks (banana/peanut butter is a favorite for the kids) and the kids were...
Yes, we do raw egg yolks in smoothies (maybe once a week). I agree with the PP that said the negative stuff is associated with raw egg whites, so I think you're good to go with yolks.
It sounds really normal to me. I have four kids - 7, 5, 3 and 8 months. My 5 and 3 year old take tubs together and they are often laughing and trying to grab each others penises, etc. They are obsessed with their genitals - talking about them, looking at them. My 3 year old is also VERY aware of all the terms, due to his older brothers. Penis, vagina, even butthole (ugh, embarrassing to admit that one). When my oldest was 3 he said "tushy" and that's about it. So, yes, I...
I didn't read the other responses because I was so excited to post! So please forgive me if I'm repetitive. I became pregnant just week after starting hardcore primal/paleo in March 2011. It was a surprise and I was at a high weight and it was my 4th child and I'd just accepted a part-time job .... So, yes, unexpected. I cried for 2 weeks. That said, I ate primal my whole pregnancy and it was the best pregnancy yet. I gained the least amount of weight (about 25 pounds...
My 7 month old is eating whatever we eat, either pureed or just chopped into tiny pieces. In a pinch I feed her some mixture of avocado, banana, hard boiled egg yolk, and plain full-fat yogurt. 
..are resilient and open-minded. Because that a happy person makes.
My oldest is fairly sweets-obsessed (he's 7) and we instituted "dessert night" three times a week. Mon/Wed/Fri I make or buy a dessert and the kids have their treat after dinner (regardless of whether they ate "well" at dinner because I'm trying to take the reward out of dessert). There is no dessert any other time during the week. No stops at coffee shops, no cookies while at the store, etc. THey've grown accustomed to their dessert nights and have stopped asking for...
Very interesting! Your post definitely highlights the "one size fits all" approach doesn't work. I think its interesting and I might even dare to say that I think health-conscious vegetarians (as opposed to vegetarians who eat a SAD diet but omit meat) and WAPF actually have quite a bit in common. I think its all centered on trying to find balance and vitality through nutrition. And I think, as in any "style" of eating, going too strong in one direction can lead to ill...
I was a vegetarian for 10 years, a vegan for 1 year. I now eat a TF style diet (kind of a primal/WAPF hybrid) and have been eating some version of that way for a year or more (of 7years of meat eating, maybe 5 were low fat, still plant heavy, the last 2 have been higher fat, low carb). I studied nutrition & epidemiology in graduate school in public health. This was 12 years ago and at the time I thought vegetarianism was the best thing for health and ethical concerns. I...
Just a thought on the body odor. Try supplementing magnesium (there are fizzy powders that are fruity and tasty like Natural Calm). I notice when I drink the stuff I don't need deodorant (I heard this somewhere else so I experimented). And deodorant has NEVER been optional for me before. It's also definitely worse when eating a high-sugar/carbohydrate, processed diet.