or Connect

Posts by berry987

No answer for the blood type question, sorry. But I use coconut oil as a vegetable oil substitute when I bake and to fry up eggs, veggies, etc. I also use pastured butter but I like to switch it up because they both give different flavors. I also put coconut oil in smoothies for my kids - coconut milk, blueberries, pineapple and coconut oil is a great treat smoothie that is kind of sweet and tropical tasting.
  I agree that the definition of AP is too narrow because really the underlying values are similar between loving, nurturing parents...regardless of techniques. But I think by the MDC definition I would not be considered AP - because I don't breastfeed, don't co-sleep, we vax our kids and we do time-outs. All of those things together make me sound pretty mainstream. And that was my point, really - that comparing AP to non-AP kids is pretty futile because you're either...
Wow, yes, sounds very medical. Get a new doctor, IMO. Bedwetting is VERY often a sign of constipation. My 7.5 yo son was bedwetting nightly and we'd talked to his doctor about it and she basically said it was developmental and not physical. I found that odd since he is a very well-developed boy - just on or ahead of all of his milestones since birth. So why would he, in reality, have a developmental delay related to bedwetting? Anyway, I read a great article by a...
Interesting thread. I think one problem with the AP or not-AP comparisons are that most people aren't 100% AP or 100% not-AP. We ALL parent on a continuum and of course all children are different so making comparisons is nearly impossible.    I have four kids and while I consider myself a thoughtful, loving, intuitive parent, I am not AP. I have a pituitary disorder that makes me unable to breastfeed so my kids drank formula and a bit of donor milk from bottles. That...
nm

nm
The Internet is so confusing, so I am hoping someone here can answer my question. I am very passionate about nutrition and traditional eating. I have a masters in public health and would like to, at some point, start a business helping people lose weight eating this way. I don't want to be an RD because they are held to strict guidelines by the ADA (which I think are actually making people fatter), but I believe I need some credential to start a nutrition counseling...
I was thinking about starting a thread about school lunches and found your thread! I have a 7 yo in public school and the rest of my kids are younger and at home, so we don't have to deal with packed lunches for them, but I figure it's still applicable. I'd love to hear other ideas for TF lunches, because we are in a rut and I feel like my son doesn't like a lot of what I send. I want eating this way to be a good thing for him and not a burden.   The lunches he...