or Connect

Posts by berry987

Wow, that is a lot to deal with. I'm sorry. Honestly, your DP doesn't sound like great partner or father material at this point. Maybe he is immature or maybe he truly is not cut out to be a father, but his actions towards you show he is not ready to make the sacrifices needed to be a good dad. If I were you I'd spend my time focusing on myself and the baby - staying healthy and happy. It sounds like your sister is great support - lean on her. Find people who are willing...
I had an episiotomy and 4th degree tear with my 1st child. Horrible - stitching mw up was one of the most painful parts of the labor, I was scared to poop for a good week after the birth because any pressure down there hurt so badly, and it took months to recover. With my 2nd and 3rd children I had no episiotomy and no tearing at all (and one of those kids was 11 pounds). So I personally cringe at the thought of an episiotomy and have made it very clear to my OB that I...
Thank you so much for the responses. I didn't realize how common it is at this age and it helps to know it's probably a phase and not a new personality trait. I appreciate your thoughts on how to deal with it, too.    There is another thread on this forum about the same issue, which has also helped. I bought "Your Six Year Old" by Ames hoping she can shed some light on how to constructively deal with my new sassy son.   Thanks!  
Oh my gosh I just posted a completely new thread about my 6yo son behaving rudely and disrespectfully! So I guess I need to read all the replies to yours and get some advice there!   But I just want to add that my mild-mannered, well-behaved, polite kid just turned overnight too. Seriously, our friends used to say he was 5 going on 40 because he seemed mature, level-headed, etc. He's never been a tantrum kid, he's not nearly as physical as his brothers so he wasn't...
No, sounds totally normal to me. I have an almost 3 yo and he wouldn't sit still in circle time, let alone shout out answers. He is still very much a baby. My older sons didn't start preschool until they were 4 and even then they didn't "get it" for awhile. 
My 6.5 yo is morphing into a kid I don't recognize these days. That's a slight exaggeration, of course, but he has recently (as in the last 6 months) become more disrespectful in how he talks to me and DH, his brothers, even his music teacher. He seems WAY more into his friends and what they think and just, well, has become kind of brat at home.   For some backstory - he has always been this very thoughtful, well-spoken little boy and has never, ever, given us any...
I suggest you go over to her house, like a PP said, bring some cookies as a nice gesture, and tell her you'd appreciate it if she left disciplining your child to you. That you understand her concerns, but you have given her permission to do what she is doing and feel she is being safe and don't want her reprimanding your child anymore. Since she is an older woman, I assume some of this is generational - kind of nice on one hand that she is looking out the window, keeping...
Great post - you really paint a great picture of the hard part of WOH with kids. This is exactly why I quit my job.   
Sorry, no advice. My 6yo used to wake up around 7am and for over two years has gotten up at 6am, sometimes 5:45am. His 4yo brother wakes about 7:30 every morning. And his 2yo brother, well, he wakes whenever the heck he wants (anytime between 5am-7am). I think it's very normal for kids to fluctuate and I'm not sure there is much to be done about it, besides go to bed earlier ourselves so we are rested for whatever time they wake. My 6yo is old enough now that he doesn't...
Oh my, no you are not crazy. I hate to say it, bit I agree that your husband sounds like a jerk. Where does he get off treating you like that? Does he want healthy, sane kids? Then the top of the refrigerator might be dusty. And seriously, I have NEVER cleaned the top of the fridge. I say leave him with all three kids on weekday and let him see how much time you have for cleaning the fridge.