or Connect

Posts by berry987

Thanks for the input! I've been telling my DH the same thing about no one really knowing anyone's middle name (maybe except at her HS graduation or something) Her first name is going to be Stella if that helps any.
Is Mildred a horrible middle name? It's my grandma's name and I'd like to honor her, but, yeah, I recognize that Mildred may not be the best middle name for a girl these days. My DH thinks it's too severe...but he can be convinced if it's what I really want   
EXACTLY! I kept thinking afterwards how insane it is that they make pregnant women, who already have trouble keeping food down sometimes, drink this sugary concoction that contains way more sugar than most women would ever drink at once (it's the equivalent of chugging 2-3 regular cokes in 5 minutes...bleh). No wonder many people can't take it. 
Uck! I threw up the 100g stuff at my 3-hour too. Made it 45 minutes before I started shaking and getting the chills and finally vomited. My OB is having me just check levels for a couple of weeks 2 hours after meals. So far I've been very even (about 90) so I'm pretty sure all is well. Good luck!
I'm a SAHM to three children (and am pregnant with my 4th due in November). I live in a great town - we can walk everywhere, people are friendly, helpful, etc. We moved away from family a year ago and I'm really starting to feel their absence now that I'm 31 wks pregnant and in need of serious help. I have friends, and we help each other out, but most of my friends work at least part-time and the few moms I know who stay home full-time have a load of kids like me (3...
We really need to make a will (I'm due with my 4th child in November and we have NOTHING written up!) Does anyone have a recommendation for an estate planning/will attorney in the MIlwaukee area??   Thanks!
I could be way off base here, but is it possible he is just growing like crazy and can't get enough to eat? I know there is a stereotype about boys eating you out of house and home, but I have three sons and am learning that it is NOT just a stereotype! A typical snack for my 6yo is 3 hardboiled eggs, an apple, a bowl of strawberries and 2 or 3 chunks of cheese. That's an after school snack. My 4yo is the same way - he eats man-sized portions of meat at dinnertime (he'll...
I have a history of gaining A LOT of weight when I'm pregnant (around 60 pounds). I always ate healthy (whole foods, everything from scratch, lots of veggies) and was very active (lap swimming, walking everywhere, etc.) but the weight just piled on. This is my 4th child and I am eating primal this time around (low carb, high fat and protein) and my weight is just slowly, steadily climbing. I'm almost 31 weeks and have gained 20 pounds. Which is amazing to me because...
Not through my pregnancy yet (I'm 30 weeks) but excessive weight gain has always been a problem for me (I gained about 60 pounds with two of my previous pregnancies and was already 20 pounds overweight when I got pregnant each time). I always ate "healthy" (very little processed stuff, most things from scratch) but I ate bread and flour and sweets in moderation. I never understood why my weight just skyrocketed when I got pregnant and I felt like I had no control over...
I just want to add to what appears to be the consensus anyway. The cops were out of line, your daughter is fine (take a deep breath) and I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this on top of losing your mom.   My kids are 6, 4 and 2. The oldest two run all up and down the street without supervision. It's normal. You were not being a bad parent. They have to come home and ask to go in anyone's house (they have three friends houses on the block) but otherwise they roam...