or Connect

Posts by FeingoldMomma

Re: the kids and parents (in)ability to express themselves - I have to wonder if perhaps some of what we were seeing is the discomfort with lights and cameras, being interviewed. I am perfectly capable of holding rational sounding conversation, but lose track of what I'm saying if someone approaches me with a pointed question. You have the answers, it just takes a little bit to marshal them all into coherent proper form, so you don't sound like a rambling idiot. I can...
This has been raging over on Weight Watchers Online. LOL I watched the piece online, and I think this - they purposely put a sensationalist spin on this, otherwise they wouldn't get as many people to stay tuned and watch as they obviously did. My 16 y.o. watched it with me, and thinks that the reporters treated it as if "it was unnatural" to be educated outside the system. I think it would've been nice if they'd spent the time focused on one family instead of snips of...
Quote: Originally Posted by heidirk Wow on the corset, Feingoldmama! sounds. . . fun! my girls did not go back to their original size when ds1 weaned- of course, I was preggo at the time, so. . . . also mine have not fluctuated with weight loss, LC's have told me my boobas are ALL glandular tissue! by the time I'm done with baes and nursing- I will NEED a reduction. I remember how big my grammie's were. . . I know that mine don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by heidirk Agk! Loose shirts somehow just make me look fat/preggo! What about band sizes? I can find 42DD's but not 38 I's or 36 J's? I will have to look at figleaves.com. I didn't find much at decent exposures either. . . too much fabric. just looked there- I am sag city w/o an underwire. I didn't think I was going to like DE for the same reason... no underwire. However, I don't know if it's in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by enkmom Sounds to me like he just wants to be up. Teens can be real night owls; mine set their own bedtimes by the time they were 15. Here is what I would do. I would tell him he could stay up as he sees fit IF he met the following conditions. 1 - he needs to respect that everyone else is sleeping and keep the noise down. 2- that he not take any nasty, sleep deprived moods out on anyone else. 3- that he needs to keep the fan...
I voted other. My DS1, from first marriage, was circ'ed - firstly exDh and I had agreed (had no reasons or references to think otherwise) that we would, and then that first afternoon in the hospital, the dr came by and, after examining him, said that he'd need to be circ'ed since the foreskin would never retract. Again, no knowledge about why not to, since that's what you did with little boys. Fast forward 14 years. This time around, I was way more in touch with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by sunnmama These are mixed messages. He asks how late he can stay up, and the answer is _____ o'clock AND as long as you like if you get sucked in. I'd tell him he is free to stay up as late as he wishes reading, but his bedtime is _______ unless he is reading. And then tell him where to do that reading (not in the basement). Will he stay in his room if he isn't worried about you seeing his light on late? That's the...
We went to the Feingold plan - removing all artificials (colors, flavors, preservatives and sweeteners) and watching his reactions after he at certain fruits. After a little over a year, we realized that corn syrup (in all its forms) was still a problem, so we removed that. A month afterwards his reading ability sky-rocketed. It's an amazing change. We've been on Feingold since 2003. Our problem is the fact that because it is summer, his thoughtlessness in re: to the fan...
I voted "some other combination"... During the week, I try to get to playgroups/park days (since I have both baby and unschooled teen at home) which gives me contact with mama friends. On Sundays, our friends (who are more like family to us than friends) come over for our long-standing gaming get together. So we talk and game for bit, eat dinner, and then we women leave (either to the basement or out, depending on finances) without kids for some just us time. Little one...
It's not a huge issue in the grand scheme of life, but it is causing some issues at home. DS1 (who's 15-1/2) didn't used to enjoy reading, at all. We made some changes in diet, and that really, really helped improve his ability to stay focused, and suddenly books were much more interesting. Every now and then, he'll come across an author or series that completely hooks him, and he'll stay up til all hours reading. Fine, it's his choice to do that, he just has to deal with...