or Connect

Posts by gypsymama2008

Whoops, I apparently suck at editing my posts.  Those websites I mentioned in the middle should have been at the end. They're all facebook groups.  I'll post more about my births after I get my son to bed, right now he is trying to eat his sisters markers, lol.
Ooops, sorry, apparently I unsubscribed to notification emails.  I think they do need women to have the baby by 42 weeks to be able to legally attend it at home (but they can fudge with your dates a little bit, especially if you don't have an exact LMP date), I would also interview them about it (you can do an interview before you commit) and let them know your family history of post-date pregnancies.  Also, for what it's worth, my mom had two pregnancies go to 42 weeks...
The practiced who delivered my son is called A Gentle Beginning, (Catherine Schaefer and Regina Flannagan were the midwives) and I cannot say enough good things about them.  Catherine is a CNM and ND and has 25 years experience and Regina is ND (I'm not sure about her experience but she was wonderful).  It was such a low key, respectful experience throughout the whole pregnancy.  They have advanced resuscitation equipment and training (which was important to me), equipment...
DD was a wonderful surprise, but with DS it took about 4 cycles.  The first cycle my symptoms were super wonky so I wasn't even sure I ovulated.  The second cycle I didn't really know what I was doing and was thinking 2 weeks from last day of period, not first, lol.  Third cycle was a chemical pregnancy and fourth cycle was DS.  I think what helped me (and what I learned the hard way) most was trying to focus on other things and not obsessively testing too early-it's...
I adore the name Coraline for the same reason and had DS been a girl it probably would have been either the first or middle name (I wanted to pronounce it Cor-a-leen rather than Cor-a-line, though).  My name is Ashley and I was born in 1985 when it was the number 1 girls name.  I kind of hated it because there were 3 other Ashley's in my elementary school class and when I was in middle school I had a class with 5 Ashleys (no joke).  But it's my name and I'm used to it and...
What kind of "perversions and way out practices that can damage the body" do they teach in sex ed?   And I guess whatever birth control method you use is up to you and more power to you.  I actually agree with you and wish kids were taught about the female cycle, cervical fluid, and how to prevent pregnancy through FAM.  However I also think they need to be presented with all their options including hormonal birth control and decide what is right for them.  I personally...
Are there any colleges near you?  If so I would see if they have a place to advertise for childcare-you'd probably have the most luck in the teaching department.  With all your son's special needs, I wouldn't settle for anyone younger than a college student.  I would also check with the local preschools and see if a teacher or teacher's assistant wanted to earn some extra money.  Also, check with your local school's afterschool program and see if any of the people who...
5/1-No spend 5/2- $7 (larabars and coconut milk), $13.18 (two packs of diapers for DS), $16.98 (grassfed ground beef ($2.99/lb!))-all technically 'necessary spending' Total: $37.16 5/3 No Spend 5/4 No Spend Went to the zoo and it turned out they were having a Children's Safety Awareness Program and we got a free helmets for DD and DS (he can't wear his yet but it's good to have) and I found out about how to get them free swim lessons this summer (so glad we...
Bleh, apparently my computer hates me right now.  I'm just going to post like this until my computer decides to be my friend again.   5/8-$18 (larabars-my dad bought them for me on senior discount day) $39.22 (Trader Joe's birthday dinner food and veggies) $50.27 (gas) $1.98 (Starbucks frappaccino for DD) 5/9-No spend 5/10-$6.00 bottle of wine 5/11-No spend 5/12-$1.00 tip at local fast food restaurant after getting a free...
My favorite unusual names   Girls: Etta Analia Alara Saoirse Lyra     Boys: Tenzin Tavin Talon