or Connect

Posts by gypsymama2008

5/1-No spend 5/2- $7 (larabars and coconut milk), $13.18 (two packs of diapers for DS), $16.98 (grassfed ground beef ($2.99/lb!))-all technically 'necessary spending' Total: $37.16 5/3 No Spend 5/4 No Spend Went to the zoo and it turned out they were having a Children's Safety Awareness Program and we got a free helmets for DD and DS (he can't wear his yet but it's good to have) and I found out about how to get them free swim lessons this summer (so...
5/1-No spend 5/2- $7 (larabars and coconut milk), $13.18 (two packs of diapers for DS), $16.98 (grassfed ground beef ($2.99/lb!))-all technically 'necessary spending' Total: $37.16 5/3 No Spend 5/4 No Spend Went to the zoo and it turned out they were having a Children's Safety Awareness Program and we got a free helmets for DD and DS (he can't wear his yet but it's good to have) and I found out about how to get them free swim lessons this summer (so glad we...
5/1-No spend 5/2- $7 (larabars and coconut milk), $13.18 (two packs of diapers for DS), $16.98 (grassfed ground beef ($2.99/lb!))-all technically 'necessary spending' Total: $37.16 5/3 No Spend 5/4 No Spend Went to the zoo and it turned out they were having a Children's Safety Awareness Program and we got a free helmets for DD and DS (he can't wear his yet but it's good to have) and I found out about how to get them free swim lessons this summer (so glad we...
a. Who you are   I'm Ashley and I'm a part time working mom to two kiddos.  b. Where you are going (your financial goals)   We're trying to save up for a 20% down payment for a house.  This month I want to keep all our grocery, toiletries, and extra spending under $500. c. How you plan to get there   Avoid all unnecessary spending and stay out of stores.   5/1-No spend 5/2- $7 (larabars and coconut milk), $13.18 (two packs of diapers for DS),...
I've tried this recipe for Ritz Crackers and it's super good, but definitely takes some time investment to make and goes really fast: Ritz Crackers.   This is the best muffin recipe I've ever tried: Best Muffins Ever   I will also make protein bars with fruit purees (whatever I have on hand) and a couple scoops of protein powder, some sweetener, flour (I use a gluten free blend) baking powder, and a few spices.  DD loves them.   Other snacks that are popular...
My babe is just getting over diaper rash so I've done a lot of research about this.  Here are some of the things that seem to have the most success:   -bath with a cup of baking soda (neutralizes the acid from urine on the skin) -bath with chamomile tea and oatmeal (soothes the skin) -Lanolin (this has worked soooo well for us, cleared his rash right up) -Uddercream -Bag Balm (not all natural ingredients, but people on the internetz swear by it-it's actually...
Pineapple make smoothies amazing!  Love it.  We either use canned coconut milk or the vanilla boxed kind from trader joe's and whatever fruit we have on hand.  Usually it's banana and a handful of frozen organic berries (I get 3 lb bags from Costco and pull berries out as needed).  Strawberry, banana, and pineapple are sooo good!
Aww, thanks :)   4/22-pants and a shirt for DD, next size up (it was a really good price and they were clearance with a coupon,but still, not strictly necessary) 4/23-Dr. Bronners' baby wash (was on sale at the co-op and will be the kids shampoo for the next year, but again not strictly necessary) 4/24-Baskin Robbins ice cream they are running a special for 2 scoops for $2 and DD and I both got some 4/25-No spend day (yay!)   And now we're off to the beach so hopefully...
Hmm, well we have a little over $22,000(ish) saved, but that includes savings for a down payment for a house and for the kids' college funds.  I just never feel comfortable unless we have at least $10,000 in savings, so that's where our tax return and most extra money we get goes.  I know, we're the "super-fun family," right?
Wow, I've had a bad couple of days, spending-wise   4/22-pants and a shirt for DD, next size up (it was a really good price and they were clearance with a coupon,but still, not strictly necessary) 4/23-Dr. Bronners' baby wash (was on sale at the co-op and will be the kids shampoo for the next year, but again not strictly necessary) 4/24-Baskin Robbins ice cream they are running a special for 2 scoops for $2 and DD and I both got some   Wow, that's terrible,...