or Connect

Posts by gypsymama2008

I just read the book Simplicity Parenting and the author gives some wonderful suggestions both for how to simplify and what are great toys that kids get a lot of use out of. I would definitely recommend it. H is basic criteria for a toy is that it be engaging rather than entertaining (ie button pushing and flashing lights are entertaining, but a toy truck actually engages a child) My DD is only 23 months and we've only done a little bit of simplification so I can't...
It must be stressful to be going through all this while pregnant and with a toddler, no less. Maybe you could present it to him (after you've both had sometime to cool down) as "let's keep him intact and see what happens." If there are problems later on that can't be dealt with and/or your son feels that men should be circed he can get circed (as you can see from this board it's rare that there are problems that you won't be able to easily deal with). I'm thinking...
Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but these are my favorite books that have inspired my parenting (and birthing): Pushed Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth Last Child in the Woods The Unhealthy Truth The Lolita Effect Simplicity Parenting Confident Parents, Remarkable Children The Purity Myth Reading Magic
A few weeks ago a cold was passing around our whole family, first my brother got it, then my dad, then me, then DH, then my mom, then my aunt, then my grandma (we don't live with my parents but we spend a lot of time with them, DD spends the most). We all had it and were absolutely miserable for 4 days each. I had to have DH come home from work and help me with DD, and I think everyone had to take a day off work at some point or other. We were all really miserable. My...
Oooh! We love NPR,too-it's our default radio station in our car. I listen to whatever program is on when I get in the car, but I especially enjoy Fresh Air. I also love This American Life
Hmmm, a few ideas: Nitrate free bacon strips Nitrate free sausages Homemade chicken strips Pancakes made with coconut flour and soy/almond/coconut/rice milk Homemade Sweet potato fries Coconut milk kefir Guacamole and tortilla chips (these can be homemade easily out of corn tortillas) Baked tofu strips Refried beans wrapped up in a corn tortilla I second homemade jerky-my mom used to make turkey jerky and we loved it
Two of my favorite shows are Coupling and Extras. Some of the funniest shows ever
Well, I read the Twilight books postpartum which was dumb because after DD would finish nursing at night I would stay up to finish, so I got even less sleep But if you have a less addictive personality than I do and want to read them, they're light and fun. I just read the Spellman Files series which is hilarious and easy to get through. Any of David Sedaris's books are fun and easy to get through. My favorite is Me Talk Pretty One Day. I find Dan Brown books...
If you're interested in another historical show Rome is quite good.
I love documentaries too! For the Bible Tells me So is about Christianity and homosexuality and looks at what the Bible actually says about homosexuality in its historical and cultural context. It follows the story of several Christian families and documents their journey to accepting their gay family members. It always makes me cry. Why We Fight is about the wars our country has fought for the past 50 years. It's kind of heavy but very interesting. This Film...