or Connect

Posts by gypsymama2008

I had one while I was in labor with my son, but I mostly just found it distracting-but I had an unusual labor where I dilated easily to ten CM with easy contractions I could walk and talk through that came every 7-10 minutes and then had my water broken and was in transition pain 'til he was born 2 hours later.  For the first part I didn't really need to use pain coping techniques and for the last part nothing helped with the pain.  My mom used one for all three of her...
A little girl at my DD's preschool is named Etta and I love it.  Other old-timey names I like:   Grace Charlotte Abigail Georgia Olivine Coraline Coralie Josephine (Josie) Emmaline Magda Magdalena Margaret (I love this one because there are so many strong women with it and it has so many cute nicknames) Amelia (Amy) Haven (I know you said no H names, but I love it so I thought I'd throw it out there) Violet Virginia...
Congratulations!  She's beautiful!  
Congratulations!  He has the same name as my dad, I love it!  
At my DD's preschool what her teacher has parents do is stay for as long as their child needs but she also recommends that they bring a book or something else to do and totally do not interact with their child.  This means no eye contact, no talking to them, and no touching them.  If they talk to you you can respond and it's fine if they come up and touch you, but you shouldn't initiate anything and you shouldn't try and help them interact with the environment, just let...
Home Vaginal G2P2 39 weeks 8 lbs 14 oz Male  
Rory James born 9/13 weighing 8lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long.  
I will start out by saying that I am 38 weeks pregnant and planning a home birth and absolutely not opposed to out of hospital births.  I have however heard lots of bad experiences about Andaluz, particularly from my friend who's a nurse.  She was pregnant while she was in nursing school and had a number of both her classmates and professors make her promise them she wouldn't give birth there (and these were people who were encouraging her to have an out of hospital...
I'm not sure whether this would work for you or not, but I had the most awful yeast infection midway through this pregnancy  (it would not go away for 2 weeks, it was awful) and my midwife recommended boric acid capsules.  They cleared it up within 36 hours, it was amazing.  I've heard mixed reviews on whether it's recommended during pregnancy but from what I can discern from the research, if you're not in your first trimester and you're not ingesting it, it's just...
I am somewhat hesitant to give advice because I am not a medical professional, but as someone who has eaten Paleo in the past (grain-free, legume-free, and mostly dairy free) I have read a fair amount about this type of diet.  I would guess that as long as you are not limiting calories and are making sure to get in lots of healthy protein, fats, fruits, veggies, and nuts you will probably be alright.  Just anecdotally, I read a blog of a woman who started this type of...