or Connect

Posts by LoveToBeMom

Quote: Originally Posted by Rose-Roget Is there anyone on here doing M homeschooling in lower el? I'm not right now...but the idea lurks in my head. My ds is only preschool age right now, but I plan to do elementary in the future. I have worked in a lower elementary (grades 1-3) Montessori class in the past, and I am crazy about the curriculum - especially the math! I love it! I never even liked math until working with the Montessori...
Quote: Originally Posted by boatbaby For breastfeeding mamas... throw away your clocks. Literally. Put them somewhere where you can not see them. Hide them. Throw them out. None in the bedroom, none in the living room, none in the baby's room (if baby has a room). Just nurse. don't think about what time it is. Don't add up how many hours of sleep you got (or didn't) Don't calculate how many minutes/hours have passed since the last nursing. Goodbye clocks....
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchy_mama ... Like my little girl who on her own has developed this deep Princess love and thinks barbie books look so cool... It's "Bob the Builder" here. blech. I'm expecting baby #2 any day now, and we're expecting a girl this time. I'm not looking forward to the whole princess/barbie thing! Anyway, thanks for your input as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama Rana ... he'll never learn the difference between the two unless he experiences both... Good point. Thanks.
Question regarding "twaddle" at the library... I'm taking my preschool-aged son to the library weekly. I want to fill his world with quality books, and I can certainly do that when I am in complete control over what he's exposed to. However, at the library he is drawn to cartoon-y "twaddle." I want him to experience choosing books, checking them out, taking care of them at home, returning them on time, the whole library-thing. BUT, I don't want twaddle in my...
Quote: Originally Posted by jen&james I may just be able to convince DH to get rid of the TV in the front room, move the couch, get some low shelves and set it up by winter if we can get enough money tog. Go for this option! Yay for TV-Free! As for shelving, you may be able to scrounge around and find something you already have that would be suitable so you don't have to buy any new shelving. Such as those plastic milk crate things; you...
I love all these comments and hope to get lots more ideas coming in to keep my mind occupied for the next couple weeks! (edd 9/24) I've been knitting... napping... cleaning when I have physical energy... folding and refolding the baby's clothes just b/c I want to touch them and imagine her in them!... making some materials for ds' homeschooling... reading a bit... made new cloth napkins the other day... thinned closets to donate to thrift stores... planning Christmas...
Jen, I'm curious how it went with the baby. Did you wait til baby was asleep and then take the opportunity to "do school," or did you bring baby along? I'm due in a couple weeks, so we'll take off a month or however long I need. After that, I'm hoping to include baby in our school time together so that as she grows she can begin to explore as well (granted I'll have to keep an eagle eye on those beads...). In your experience (or anyone with a baby!), is this realistic?...
Ok, good to know. So, for inserting it, do you just stick a dissolvable capsule up there or do you puncture it and squirt it or rub it inside?
I did not use epo in my first pregnancy, but I remember a friend telling me she inserted them in her vagina to dissolve towards the end of her pregnancy. How soon is too soon to start this? Is it something to resort to only past EDD? (I am 37 + 2.) More questions: I have capsules, so should I swallow them as a supplement or insert them to dissolve? Anyone else using epo, and how far along are you? Thanks!