or Connect

Posts by LoveToBeMom

Quote: Originally Posted by smellyann82 anyone made a moveable alphabet with letters printed on laminated cardstock squares? i know the cutout letters are better, but a little pricey for us right now. my other thought was to make them big and laminate the cardstock and cut the letters out from there, but that would be VERY time consuming. thoughts? I used a die cut machine at a school's teacher workcenter. You might also be able to find one...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lit Chick ...I realized he only has a few more days/weeks of being the center of my universe, and I will treasure that. This is the thought that keeps running through my head and heart as well. It has definitely brought me to tears more than once. I have the typical anxiety about, "How will I love this new baby as much as my first??" I know I will, but it is hard to wrap my head around! Also... I'm going to...
Can you give me a brand name of the oral Vit K that any of you are taking? Is it purely vit k, or is it part of a multi vitamin? Is it in pill form or liquid? I was planning on skipping the shot for baby, but then eating 1 cup raw kale per day for several weeks (in a smoothie!) b/c that has TONS of vitamin k. (sorry for the lack of scientific language... I don't remember the exact amount but when I did the research I do recall that 1 cup provided more than enough...
I hope you decided to call your midwife!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Leigh~ Is there an online store that any of you highly recommend for materials? I found one with great prices but the shipping was outrageous! Thanks again! I agree that Montessori Outlet is great!!! Cheap AND good quality. I've been very pleased. I also just ordered from Adena, which has great prices but I haven't received my order yet so I can't give an opinion yet about the quality! Anyone else have...
In my opinion too, 5-7 minutes is nice and quick! But, official "quick oats" are more like 2 min I think. They are like sawdust. I believe this recipe is calling for regular 'ol rolled oats.
Sounds good, but maybe I'll make them BEFORE labor begins and stick them in the freezer. I had originally put "baking" on my list of ideas for labor projects... but then I realized that I will probably leave the oven on once labor gets more intense and burn the house down!!! (Even when not in labor, I am famous for leaving oven and burner on and burning otherwise-perfectly delicious treats.)
Thanks for the advice. I've kindof fallen away from my daily habit of cat/cow, hip swivels, kegels, etc... I had a routine. I think I'm getting more impatient and less motivated! Anyway, thanks for the encouragement to keep up with those things, b/c they really do matter!
Quote: Originally Posted by xekomaya and also be really serious about good positioning from here out. What do you mean "good positioning"? Are you referring to how I sit, sleep, stand, etc.? Or do you mean just be aware of the baby's position? I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong with my posture or something. I know I'm not supposed to sit/slouch in super soft chairs. I try to sit on the floor in a tailor pose or straddle sit as...
Baby was transverse for a while and finally turned to head-down about two weeks ago. She stayed that way for two weeks and is now transverse again! Any suggestions to get her to turn?? When she turned 2 weeks ago, I had done some yoga, spent some time on elbows and knees, and even put headphones with gentle music in the waist of my underwear! Of course I've tried all those things again, with no results this time. I'm worried baby may be getting too big to be making...