or Connect

Posts by LoveToBeMom

Does anyone know where "initial sound objects" can be bought in a set? (Miniature objects with the initial sounds of each letter of the alphabet.) I know I could just put together my own, but I'd really rather have the convenience of buying a set! I had planned to purchase from "Learning Store by Lakeview," but I just realized there is a $50 minimum for ordering (the set is $20). Does any other company make such a handy dandy set? Thanks.
Does anyone know where "initial sound objects" can be bought in a set? (Miniature objects with the initial sounds of each letter of the alphabet.) I know I could just put together my own, but I'd really rather have the convenience of buying a set! I had planned to purchase from "Learning Store by Lakeview," but I just realized there is a $50 minimum for ordering (the set is $20). Does any other company make such a handy dandy set? Thanks.
Yes!!! I am so ready to get back into a routine. We began preschool back in May, and I had hoped to continue through the summer. However with trips and vacations, our routine went out the window and I decided to just relax like a normal person for the summer! By now, I think we're all ready for a little more routine around here. Baby is due late September, so I realize whatever routine we rebuild will go out the window once again! oh well, such is life!
I LOVE seeing participants' blogs! It's great for inspiration and ideas! Thanks for sharing!
Quote: Originally Posted by zebaby Does everyone have a set time of the day to do Montessori work or do you just have materials available for the child to choose to play / work? Along with that, I'm undecided on whether or not to set aside a specific Montessori "area" as opposed to just having any Montessori materials incorporated into his anytime / everyday life. I asked these very questions a while back. Many Montessori (and non-Mont.)...
I am 15 wks. pregnant and experiencing uncomfortable varicose veins in my legs and vulvar variscosities as well. I plan to begin wearing compression tights asap (waiting for them in the mail), I elevate my legs as much as possible, and I wear shoes with good support during the day. Does anyone have any helpful tips to share regarding varicose veins? Are there particular HERBS, FOODS, EXERCISES, anything helpful that you can tell me about? Thank you!!!
Hi jenfl... I'm wondering if you've had your baby?! Please share the news (if there IS news!) when you feel like you have a little time and energy for the Montessori Homeschool thread!
Quote: Originally Posted by jenfl Hey, does anyone have any objections to turning this into a seasonal thread (new one in spring, summer, etc)? I don't want people to get too overwhelmed by the length of it. Yes, let's do that. Good idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by jenfl That's so weird. Maybe it's because they know you're a teacher (do they)? Yes, they do know I'm a (Montessori) teacher, so that's a good point. Thank you for that perspective. BTW, I decided to have a designated "school room." Thanks for your input on that as well! I'm soooo excited and immersed in the planning! We'll start in August (if I can stand waiting that long!) to get a month under our belt...
Quote: Originally Posted by StormySar Last year we did a craft with 12 easter eggs, an empty egg carton, 12 bible verses that explain the EAster story, and 12 objects to represent them. We wrote the bible verses down and matched them with the correct object and pt them in the eggs. 12 days prior to Easter we opened one egg, read the verse, and had a discssion about it. I can't remember the name, but there are many instructions and ideas...