or Connect

Posts by LoveToBeMom

I want to make our own Montessori globes (sandpaper and continent). Does anyone know where I can buy cheap globes?? I plan to just paint over them for the continents globe. And for the sandpaper globe, maybe mix sand in the paint for the continents? Or adhere sandpaper cutouts over the continents and then mod-podge over the whole thing? Has anyone made their own globes? I could use some great ideas! Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by Neptune2 Another question for you more experienced mom then me. The other thing I have noticed is the changing of activity quite quickly. I dunno if this is because of over-enthousiasm, or what, but they (my son most of all) tend to want to change activity a lot. Maybe he is not challenges enough? The only thing I require is that he ends the one he got out. But again, where to draw the line between liberty of choice and...
Quote: Originally Posted by jenfl What I've taken from all that is that when I observe DD using a material inappropriately, I let it go if she still seems to be developing some skill. And I try to make sure that I have a new activity out the next day that reflects the way she chose to use the other one. I believe in allowing a child to use a material in a way other than how it was intended *as long as the child is being respectful* of the...
So happy to have found this thread! Sounds like a wonderful group of like-minded Montessori Moms! <3 My son is 26 mos, and as a AMS-trained Montessori teacher, I have been raising him as a Montessorian. We will officially start preschool (at home) Aug. 2010, and I am expecting baby #2 in late September. I have been devouring my old albums again, it has been wonderful to refresh my memory beyond Practical Life! I have been planning (and simultaneously trying...
Quote: Originally Posted by claddaghmom Yes it gets very old but I noticed something....those (like me) who say it gets very old do not have structure. Well, I'm not sure really what it is I'm talking about.... DD and have nothing, short of my school, to do. And no I'm not perpetrating the myth that SAHMs are lazy. I'm talking about deadlines. Activities. Things on a calendar that you look forward to, that other people want from you. All the class/gym...
Quote: Originally Posted by 54mama • sewing some wool breastpads • Waldorf teething doll like these: http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/4383403...S_43834035@N00 Do you have patterns for these that you could share?
Oh no! You have successfully re-ignited my knitting habit! I was seriously trying to cut back, b/c it just wasn't feeling like a good use of time. But, you got me thinking about all those darling newborn knitted things just waiting to be made... Now I'll just have to make something! I think I'll make a hat, booties, soakers and / or longies, and a toy or two. Ideally, that is. Are you on "Ravelry"? Lots of great patterns there, and a good place to see...
I'm drinking it again, as I did for my first pregnancy. Except I make an infusion, rather than a tea. An infusion steeps for several hours, and then I drink it cold. I mix the rrl with nettles for nutrition and peppermint for flavor. (1 qt. daily or every other day) p.s. I also took a rrl tincture during the end of my last pregnancy (I think it was the last 6 weeks). The name of it has escaped me, and I'm hoping I can find it again for this pregnancy! Does...
My name is Jessa, and I'm due at the end of September! (Those online calculators estimate Sept. 24.) Age: 27 How long it took to you to get your BFP: I got pregnant the first time we were "not careful" with NFP method. We were open to getting pregnant, but not exactly trying... does that make sense? What number child is this for you: #2 Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): My husband's family is all boys except one girl, and she's adopted.... So... probably a boy!...
whoops... I think I was supposed to post this at the bottom of the "roster" page. I'll repost there....