or Connect

Posts by LoveToBeMom

My name is Jessa, and I'm due at the end of September! (Those online calculators estimate Sept. 24.) Age: 27 How long it took to you to get your BFP: I got pregnant the first time we were "not careful." We were open to getting pregnant, but not exactly trying... does that make sense? What number child is this for you: #2 Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): My husband's family is all boys except one girl, and she's adopted.... So... probably a boy! Names you like...
Thanks for the support and ideas, everyone. Thinking back on the night that was our lowest point, our daily routine was different (I was around less than usual) so I think he was probably affected by that. Anyway, we decided to give co-sleeping another chance, and thank God, it has made our life much better again! The way we have made it work is that we bring him to bed with us BEFORE he is crying and all worked up. It's interesting; he seems to be calmer at...
kalamos23 - Thanks for the reply. Yes, he does fall asleep on me in the rocking chair, but when I put him back in his crib he wakes up again. I don't think letting him sleep on me while I am asleep is safe, b/c he is so wiggly. I think he would roll or crawl right off me and the chair (or couch or bed). Thanks for the idea though! I'll just keep trying...
Bromache- Thanks for the reply. I don't think he is teething. He already has five teeth, and none of them gave him any trouble at all. And he doesn't show any teething symptoms. You're right about growing and milestones; that might have something to do with it. But when that happens, doesn't it normally last just a night or two after the milestone is achieved? This has been going on for a while now, and seems to be getting worse rather than better. ...Maybe it's...
Last night my nine-month-old son was up for three straight hours (1am - 4am). He wakes up crying, calms down (even seems to fall asleep) when we hold him, and wakes up again when we put him in his crib. Co-sleeping is not working either. When we bring him to bed with us, he crawls all over us and cries. Nursing him to sleep is not even a dependable solution anymore. I am frustrated and tired and at a loss as to what we should do! Can anyone offer suggestions? Many...
After two months of detailed examinations of my diet in an attempt to detect a cause for my ebf son's eczema, someone today mentioned that her eczema is triggered by dust mites. Does anyone else out there find that dust mites aggravate your child's (or your) eczema? If so, what are the best ways to help this situation? If dust mites are aggravating my son's problem, then I will certainly do what I must to change the environment. But I hesitate to spend money (on a...
Plain 'ol pure lanolin has done wonders for our son. His eczema still hasn't totally cleared up, but it has gotten better. The lanolin protects his skin and keeps it moisturized all night. I imagine it prevents such terrible scratches, too. I have ZERO GUILT using pure lanolin. If your child suffers from eczema, try it! It won't cure it, but it may ease the symptoms!
With my son nearing 6 months, I am thinking about continuing to exclusively breastfeed. What are the pros and cons of putting off solids and doing extended exclusive breastfeeding? Thanks for any advice or opinions.
I am also dairy-free for my 5-month-old son. I have been worried that I am no longer eating yogurt for the probiotics, so I was glad to read that there is such a thing as a probiotic supplement for babies! Is it in liquid form or what? What is it called / brand name? Thanks.
That helps; thanks for the advice. I'll stop worrying about trying to stop his "addiction" and trust that he'll outgrow it in his own good time. Until then, we'll keep him cool enough and look into the muslin blankets if needed. (We currently use the Miracle Blanket.) Thanks!