or Connect

Posts by modest momma

I cover except while in the shower and in bed. But, you know sometimes I will dress a bit sexier for the hubby. Nothing wrong with that, sexy is even in the Bible.:
Quote: Originally Posted by Mommy2anangel Modest mama here. I'm a Christian and I feel convicted to dress modestly. No sleeveless, cleavage showing shirts. I mostly wear skirts longer than my knees. At home only, around DH and my 2 year old would I dress in sweats and maybe tank tops (jammies). Not much of a jeans/pants type person. Welcome. I do occasionally wear sweats. You know hen you have those days and you're inside all day? Tank tops I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama Aminah I agree. I can't see any Muslim being offended by it. Just don't be surprised if you see a Muslim and get greeted with a "Salam". Hey, a nice greeting is always great!
Quote: Originally Posted by Tithonia Wow, this thread caught my eye right away! I've always been most comfortable dressing modestly (long skirts, pants, or sometimes long shorts in summer, loose tops), and did I ever stick out in high school! I've always felt it empowering to dress modestly. My body is my own, and I am not going to allow any cultural pressure to tell me I have to dress as an object for male eyes (I know not everyone feels that way about...
Quote: Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere Go for it! I can't even imagine any Muslim mama being offended by it. *shrugs* IO just thought I'd ask. Ya know?
Quote: Originally Posted by JessicaRenee I dress modestly! Welcome Jessica!
Quote: Originally Posted by bjorker Yes, I would consider myself modest in this sort of way, and agree with most of what you've said here. I'm far from a prude, but I have no interest in that type of "fashion", or whatever... but most of it is just my personal comfort level. I try not to concern myself with what other people are wearing, though, but sometimes I do find myself wondering what the heck people are thinking. I don't think people should...
Quote: Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere It gets hot here too, but like they do in the desert I'm guessing the extra layers keep us from sweating to death I wear overgarments called Jilbab or Abaya similar to the ones here. The abayas are much thinner material and feel awesome when the wind blows through the sleeves on a hot day.lol BUT I only wear solid colours with no other patterns because *for me* that is part of my modest dress. (In...
Quote: Originally Posted by MommyAnne I am beginning a more modest journey. I just had my fourth child, my little Charlotte, and during my pregnancy with her I felt the need to be really covered. I thought it was just the pregnancy, but it has continued, and now I wear sleeves at least to my elbow, and layers. It's already hot here, but it's probably better because I sunburn so easily. I wear some jeans, but I am transitioning to calf length skirts, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere Another modest mama here I cover everything except hands and face, with a scarf and long loose overgarment. At home I wear whatever (tight, sleeveless, jeans etc) and with my girlfriends, usually jeans and a long top, no cleavage or back showing or low rise pants without a top to cover. It does get really hot here and so I will wear sleeveless. It can get up and around 120 degrees! What kind of...