or Connect

Posts by LittleBirdy

My first was born at 40w6d and was 8 lbs 2 oz   My second I was really unsure of dates (my periods were still irregular from breastfeeding when I got pregnant).  He was born at what we think was 38w3d but once he was out the midwives remarked that he looked more like a 40 weeker.  He was 7 lbs 13 oz.  
It will get easier, I promise.  Your baby sounds a lot like my older son was.  I couldn't put him down for an instant until he was about 5 weeks old, and at that point he might be content in a bouncy seat for 15 or 20 minutes.  At 8 weeks you start to really get into a groove, and around 3 months they can really become quite enjoyable little things!  Four months can often be a fussy stage - we are just coming out of this with my younger son, who turns 5 months old this...
The biggest obstacle I face as a mother is the judgement of other mothers - the near constant drama of breast vs. bottle, WOHM vs. SAHM, co-sleeping vs. Ferber.  I spent the entire first year of my oldest son's life feeling like I was doing it wrong and ruining it for everyone because I worked, and had to supplement formula for my voracious little eater.  Finally, around the time he turned 1, I realized that NOBODY is right and NOBODY has all the answers.  Certain things...
On Sunday for dinner I had a chicken salad sandwich with lettuce, tomato, bacon and PICKLES.  The bacon & pickle combo?  Magic.  
I got a disposable painters tarp from Home Depot/Lowes and then put an old blanket on top of it.  Worked great, no smell, and CHEAP :)   Really, you're not going to be getting any more water on the floor than you would getting in and out of the bath tub - unless the tub springs a leak, in which case you're kind of screwed anyway.  I had to stop pushing for 40 minutes or so while I was in the tub so I was doing my fair share of flaring my arms and hopping around to...
I'm sorry this is troubling you.  I can only offer my own experience with SUA: my firstborn had this, and it was discovered at his 19 week u/s.  The MFM doctor recommended a fetal echo and growth scans in the 3rd trimester.  After discussing it with my midwives, we decided to pursue the fetal echo but to take a wait and see approach with the growth scans - if something seemed off, we'd go in for them but if everything appeared to be progressing normally we would...
It may very well be a phase.  DS rejected the highchair/booster seat right around 17 months.  We bought him a little table and chair to eat at for a little while.  Then he wanted to eat at the table with us.  At that age we focused on the things that were safety issues (standing up on the chair, trying to climb on the table, etc.) and worried less about manners.  If I had a dime for every time we said, "on your bottom please" I could buy a new car!  He'll be 2 in a few...
I ordered an SBP french twill ring sling.  I have a Moby and an Ergo with infant insert leftover from DS1.  The Moby was just too much fabric for a summer baby so I don't plan on using it much.  I loved the Ergo though!  That being said I did put it up on Craiglist because I wanted to get a Boba 3G since it doesn't require an insert to use it for an infant.  I didn't have any takers though so it looks like I'm keeping it.  
I use this: http://www.amazon.com/FuzziBunz-Hanging-Diaper-Pail-White/dp/B002OL1TBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340799326&sr=8-1&keywords=fuzzibunz+hanging+diaper+pail   I have 2 so I always have one when the other is washing.  I really like it, but I'm a little concerned it won't be big enough once DS2 arrives and we have 2 in diapers.  Then again, newborn diapers are tiny.  Then again, newborns go through A LOT of diapers.   It has a little tab on the inside and I...
Quote:   I have 9 receiving blankets leftover from DS.  I probably had a dozen plus with him but I gave some of them away and just kept my favorites.  I'd say 8-10 is probably enough, and the cheapie Gerber ones are FINE.  They have fancier ones but really they're not worth the money, unless organic fibers are really important to you.     Yup a fitted sheet is all you really need for a long time!  We added a nice fleecy blanket and a bumper when DS was older (like 9 or 10...