or Connect

Posts by LittleBirdy

Well I told a bunch of people yesterday.  My colleague came into my office, which is currently littered with empty cans/bottles of ginger ale and she said, "I've never known you to drink soda, are you not feeling well?" and I sort of mumbled something about just really having a ginger ale craving lately and she gasped and said, "You're pregnant!"   We had an office lunch yesterday that I knew would be hard to get through, because we always go to the same place and...
I think the newborn clothes at least were more gender neutral.  And we have  DH's mobile from when he was a baby (born in 1978).  You can definitely tell just by looking at it that it pre-dates ultrasounds for gender.  It's painted wood and transportation themed - there's a little hot air balloon, an airplane, etc.  Each one has both a little bit of pink and a little bit of blue.  You'd never see that today!  Everything is Boy, Girl or Green if you don't know what you're...
Guessing girl, but I would be happy with either.  (If it's a boy we don't need to buy ANY clothes!)
What about Judson (Jud for short)?  I've known one or two people with that name, but it's not super common.
Well I've posted in a few other threads but I may as well go ahead and officially introduce myself here.   My name is Bird, I've been married to DH for 5 years and we have a 16 month old DS.  We were not really trying and I'm still not exactly sure how/when I got pregnant.  Ideally we wanted our children about 3.5 years apart, but you know what they say... if you want to see God laugh, make a plan.  However now that it's happening I'm sort of glad they'll be closer...
Count me in among the ones having moments of panic about going from 1 to 2.  I just remember doing nothing but sitting on the couch and nursing DS for probably the first 5 or 6 weeks of his life.  That is so not going to be possible with 2!  My older will be 2 on July 23 so still really young and needing a lot of one on one attention.  Also getting a little anxious about going from a WOHM to a SAHM.  It's a good thing and something I want to do, but it will be a big...
ME!   It's the weirdest thing, I was just saying to DH in November how excited for Christmas I was this year, because last year DS was so little and everything was so hard, and it was really depressing because I love Christmas.  And now I'm like... uh... I guess we should like get a tree?  Or maybe just skip it?  I sat on the couch for 5 hours straight on Saturday.  I think the house could fall in around us and it wouldn't bother me in the least.  And here it is, 10:45 on...
Ha ha, don't worry.  I told DH about #1 by handing him the positive pregnancy test while he was peeling potatoes.  With #2 I was in a state of shock so I just said, "Go look in the bathroom" and he saw the test on the counter.   
Hey I haven't introduced myself yet but I'm due at the end of July, so I'll probably hang out here since being the last one in your DDC to have a baby is no fun - plus I went 40 weeks 6 days with DS anyway.   Due: July 29 Baby #2 Guessing girl!
Wow I really identify with you in a lot of ways.  I am in a bit of a different boat as I'm pregnant with #2, but so much of my situation is similar to what you're going through.   My job is not challenging.  It bores the hell out of me.  I hate that DS is in daycare all day while I'm here doing a job I don't even like.  A few months ago I went to my boss and told him I was miserable and he sort of re-wrote my job description to try and make it better and it's sort of...