or Connect

Posts by kbond

Thanks for the advice about TANF. When I looked at it last time, we also didn't qualify but I can check again I suppose.
zebra 15: Thanks for your insight. We have had people live, rent-free, in our room before for periods of time. One was my sister, which is a bit of a different situation. But, we did let one of my law school friends move in while she was unemployed, and it was okay. I'm still conflicted about doing this at all, but I'm not really sure that we have a financial choice.   We just found out this week that my husband's pay will be cut by 1.9%...as if teachers make too...
I am still unemployed but have new son. I've been trying very hard to not feel bitter about my experience and keep looking for work. I knew when I had my daughter in school and made the choice to not do law review that I would be closing some doors. But, I did think that I would still be able to get a job.
So, we're considering renting out our extra room to make some money. (We never planned on almost 2 years of unemployment for me.) Has anyone here ever done this? I'm a little nervous about having a stranger live in my home with my two children. We have 2 people who have expressed interest and are planning to interview them and have background checks, but I just don't know. OTOH, we need the money.
Thanks for the well-wishes and congratulations. It's been a lot of fun having an infant again. If only my 2 year old would stop driving me crazy.   1. Predator's Gold (Hungry Cities #2) by Philip Reeve   The sequel to Mortal Engines. This book was a bit stronger in terms of technicalities of writing, and the plot was a bit tighter as well. Just as enjoyable as the first one, and I'm having fun reading this series. I imagine I would love this series too if I were...
  After a long hiatus, I'm back! My DS was born 12 days ago, and I'm settling back into the couch for nursing/sleeping/reading all day for at least the next 2 weeks. (my DD goes to preschool so it really is blissful.) Books so far include: 1. Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve A YA book set in a future of municipal Darwinism where the cities all move and eat each other. This is the first of a series and sets up future stories quite nicely. The premise of this one is boy...
So, I have the dubious pleasure of experiencing PUPPs this time around. And, I'm wondering if my experience with this rash is normal. Most of what I've been reading leaves me with the impression that most women just itch constantly and that the rash is constant.   For me, my rash seems to fade overnight and then waxes and wanes throughout the day. And, it will even completely disappear for hours at a time before coming back. Same with the itchiness---it comes and...
OP: Check out the following links for finding low cost to free legal help for your issues. As others have stated, you will be entitled to child support, and since WA is community property, you'll be entitled to part of the marital estate as well. There are programs in King County for family law help. You can also do the process yourself--the King County court sees a lot of pro se parties. But, I'd really recommend having someone to help guide you...
  Thatagirl:   Check out this legal aid society--if you qualify, then you'll get free legal help to settle this issue. http://www.laslou.org/   I'd also try calling the policy-holder directly and asking for a complete copy of the policy.
I'd second a PP with the advice of trying to find legal help. Most local bar associations will have referral services and links to legal aid that you might qualify for. For instance, here in Seattle, there's a specific Housing Foreclosure Legal Clinic as well as Family Law clinics that can help with representation for divorces. I wish I could give you more specific advice, but I only really know what you might be able to do here in Washington.