or Connect

Posts by sept2008twingirls

The mattres on the floor didn't work.  I am still getting up with her about 4 times a night.  The other two continue to sleep through the night.  I don't know what else to do, except slowly get her used to going to sleep without me.    Sarah
Not to scare you, but I night-nursed my twins til after age 2 and they BOTH had extensive tooth damage.  I did not know that it would cause problems either, until I found out that one of my girls had to have 6 caps!  The other had 8 cavities at age 3.  I'm sure it was due to their night-nursing.  I am totally an advocate of nursing, but I wish I wouldn't have nursed them all the night.  I basically nursed them back to sleep every time they woke up.  Anyway, if I were...
They were in the same bed before, but they were waking up because they would sleep on top of each other.  Now the one girl is sleeping through the night.  I'm not sure I want to change that.  I think I'm going to try and have the one who is not sleeping well to sleep on a mattress on the floor in our room, so she can look over and see me but not be in my bed.  We'll see how that works.  Thanks for responding!
About 3 weeks ago I transitioned my twin 3.5 year old girls to sleep in their own twin beds.  Before that I was co-sleeping with them plus their 5 year old brother when they waked up at night-moving into their bed.  I've moved the 5 year old into his own room and he is now sleeping through the night.  The 3 year olds on the other hand are waking up between 3-4 times each!  One twin has slept a few times through the night, but the other one always wakes up and calls me. ...
We nightweaned, but MUCH later, like 2 1/2, so I used to tell them....Milk is going Night, Night.  They started sleeping on my arms then (and still like that).  I think the key is figuring out what will replace the breast for comfort.   Sarah
Yes, my girls just turned 3.  They are getting a little better about making messes, but now are just being more stubborn and doing things more slyly.  Plus, the fighting!  I'm so tired of the fighting!  I feel like the only time that they don't fight is when I put on a video for them...They are only small once though, right.  I just try and enjoy them as much as I can.   Sarah
I nightweaned my girls at 2 1/2.  At first they started sleeping on my arms, one on either side, while I slept on my back.  That went on for a few months.  Now I can just pat them on the back.  Usually just one was up though.  They were used to hearing each other cry, I guess.  They still wake up at night though, which I thought would stop when they were weaned.    Sarah Joy
Funny thing...I thought DD1 was more ready.  She started and was going a lot in the potty, but then DD2 who I thought wasn't ready first has actually potty trained herself-day and night.  Another example of twins always keep you guessing!   Sarah Joy
Just in case anyone wonders.  I did end up weaning the girls from their morning feeding at the time change and they started waking up at 6am.  A hard few weeks, but I've completely weaned them now!  It took about 6 weeks from start to finish, cutting out one feeding per week.  They are not that happy about it still, but are doing fine.  I am still engorged, but it's getting better.  Hard to believe I'm done with my nursing career as a mom!   Sarah Joy
Just in case anyone wonders.  I did end up weaning the girls from their morning feeding at the time change and they started waking up at 6am.  A hard few weeks, but I've completely weaned them now!  It took about 6 weeks from start to finish, cutting out one feeding per week.  They are not that happy about it still, but are doing fine.  I am still engorged, but it's getting better.  Hard to believe I'm done with my nursing career as a mom!   Sarah Joy