or Connect

Posts by Thing1Thing2

I have 2 mold, dust and pollen allergic boys.
Nope - I don't mind having them here, but my son will never go to another persons house for a sleepover. I feel its an open door for sexual abuse. And even though friends or mom and dad may be safe, you can never tell what other family members or friends of siblings may come for a visit.   Not trying to be paranoid, just realistic.
earthmama Congrats! You're brave to be having another! I want another but I'm too afraid!
Sounds like every trip I've ever been on with the boys! My youngest hates being strapped down in the seat and will fuss to get out the whole way. Then If its dark out, and the street are lights flashing on his face - he goes ballistic! The hitting, screaming and complaining is magnified by 100 when you're stuck in a car and for some reason the yelling bounces off the interior and smacks right into my eardrum like a freight train!   One more reason to stay home...
How did you guys get spacing into your post? I spaced paragraphs out and when I hit "submit" they all come together in one big paragraph.
Thank you Piglet. Yes, I do have to try and get out more. There is a park, pool and pond in our apartment complex, but because of my sensory issues, I have a hard time getting the kids there. We usually go out about 3 times a week. The chlorine in the pool makes me sick as well as I hate getting in the cold water. And the toddler has like NO attention span! He just wont sit and play in the kiddie pool. I get SO nervous about him jumping in the adult pool I end up chasing...
Wow Earthmama, thanks for the advice. And thanks for the hugs dalia. Right now even as I type this they are arguing. I don't know how you do it with 5 boys! I could barely handle the first, and then surprise! Along came another! I had a job at the local hf store for 6 months, but my husband couldn't handle the kids EVEN with a routine and a schedule mapped out for him. It was noticeable to say the least that my son wasn't getting the type of attention he needed. I would...
DH is working a third job now and we see him about 12 hours a week total. Im home with no car, one 5 year old Aspie and one high needs toddler with other issues that I can't even begin to understand right now (maybe ADHD or ASD). Most of the time lately, I am preventing them from hurting each other, reprimanding them for attacking each other, taking toys from each other, yelling at each other tearing the apartment apart, so on. I can't even turn my back on them for 5...
Im thinking that you did just fine. You followed through on natural consequences, but you're right, it's not working. Seems your guy is a bit persistent like my DS who just turned 5 as well. I usually don't let my boys have much screen time. We have no cable in our home, but we occasionally use Netflix for situations like this. Is there any way you could let him watch a 20 minute episode while you put the baby down? Sometimes its the only thing that works (for us) and it...
Thank you to everyone who posted a response. I had decided not to vax him, but was still extremely worried until I read your responses. I have been treating it with peroxide and will continue to do so. There's also a naturopath here, so if I see anything I will bring him in.   Also for all who asked - yes we did file an accident report and the manager took our info down. Thinking back, I wish he would have immediately closed down that particular area of the play...