or Connect

Posts by Thing1Thing2

Linda, you posted as I was responding to other posts.   Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this much less complicated for me. You are right. I am jumping way ahead - when right now my DS just needs help.   Your answer also cleared up concerns I have about DS ever being able to join a different kind of classroom when school starts.   Im realizing that all these worries came about from a SN teacher that I know personally who told me "Don't *ever* let...
No, Spotted Fox, your comment doesn't sound mean - no worries. But what you said did really make me evaluate my feelings towards this. I think I gave the wrong impression in my original post. Please bear with me, as its hard for me to understand my emotions as well as put them into words.   I think its hard for me because I feel like I know him the best, and I don't trust anyone enough to just "turn" him over to.   Another thing that is difficult for me is the feeling...
My 4 year old son has Aspergers. At our recent visit with the Dev Ped, she said she was going to write a letter to the school district asking them to put him in their Special Needs summer program.   She said that she doesn't think 3 days a week is enough. She wants him in there 5 days a week.   First off, it's going to be a shock to me to not have him home most of the week. I probably should have mentioned it to the doctor, but I was surprised at what she was...
Ahhh! I see now. So it would be easier for him to understand if my instructions were simpler. Like Farmer Beth was saying (which went over my head at first), it may sound scripted if he repeats what I tell him word for word, but at least it's polite and he's not interrupting and banging into people. I'm going to try talking to him like that - so excited to have a new tool in my "discipline" toolbox.   umami mommy, when you say "noone likes to be accused" what do you...
Subbing...    We got a prescription for these very tests yesterday and DS had the blood taken today. He was very brave. I'll let you know how it turns out!
Wow - it sounds like I have my work cut out for me. I did start the Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, but it was a little hard for me to have the needed focus at the time. I am really going to have to become one of those parents who seem like they have everything together.   Thanks, Emmeline. Now on to some research!   ... and I'm totally relieved. Thanks for being happy for us everyone!
Thank you. That was very helpful advice. Just wanted to update and let everyone know that we had our developmental ped appointment today and it was a success!   Now, normally DS is very adult like in new situations such as doctors visits. But today was different. We got there a half hour early and so I went in fill out paperwork. When his father tried to bring him in a little later, he did not want to leave the car and I had to carry him in mid-meltdown. Ironic, but...
    Hey Spotted Foxx, thank you for the reply. I would like that info on the Sensory Diet. I will PM you.   We do the bear hug, pressure massage and sandwich, but says it hurts him. Any type of restraint or pressure on his body hurts him. He starts screaming in pain and saying "It hurts" and "I feel hot".   He does like those things when he is already calm. But it doesnt do me much good then!         Yes, it is very time consuming to take care of my DS. And thankfully,...
Thanks Harper Rose. I will check out the Autism Discussion Page.   I can't believe the writer of myaspergerschild would suggest that Aspie parents be evaluated. That is utterly ridiculous, laughable. Some aspies make the best parents I believe, because they can be so involved in researching and learning effective ways of parenting. Glad to know he thinks this way. I wouldn't want to get my info from someone who believes things like that.   Off to the A.D. Page!
Thank you, the first article is great. Now I have to come up with some time to implement all of these ideas. I'm wondering if anyone on here has had to quit their part time job in order to meet your SN childs discipline and emotional needs? I'm so tired all the time, but we need the extra income. But many of his discipline problems didn't start getting bad until I started my job back in February.   The second article won't help me as much because they actually...