or Connect

Posts by Thing1Thing2

Holding baby at keyboard so typing with one hand..   Thank you. Found out it is itchy and he just didn't say before. I saw him scratching it. I've been putting probiotics on it. Will try iodine.   How do you think he got it? Too much sugar?
Yes, it sure is beautiful this time of year.   And I agree that she should have done more of an evaluation. I kind of went in there expecting it. Boy was I in for a shock. DS's behavior has changed alot in the last 6 months. Apparently he has picked up more ADHD traits that are overshadowing our original concerns of ASD. But the ASD traits are still there. For goodness sake - DS started vocalizing "Baouw Baouw Baouw" fairly loudly while she was speaking to us. I...
And heres what the results of the M-CHAT score that I just took online were:   My son isn't a toddler anymore (he will be 4 in June), but the results do place him at risk.     M-CHAT (Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers) M-CHAT Risk Score: 6 This score suggests that your toddler may be at elevated risk for a developmental disorder such as autism. Importantly, most children identified as “at risk” by the M-CHAT do not go on to...
The Dr. is through Stonybrook hospital. You prob know where that is, Emmeline. I didn't get to read your thread, but I would like to try and find it.   After arguing with the Dr. for 15 minutes, she finally made known that DS has many ADHD issues and gave us the number to a psychologist. But this was after me breaking down and crying.   When I asked her why she didn't tell us that initially, or refer us to a psych originally, she said that the treatment is the...
We had our visit and I am so disappointed. We waited almost 9 months for this visit and all we got (initially) was that DS's problems were discipline problems!   Yes, the stimming and vocal stimming is because he wants attention. The reason he screams when we try to wash his hair is because no child likes getting their hair washed and "there are two of us and one of him, we should hold him down and force him to wash his hair". He should be forced to sit for 3 minutes...
Ok - thanks Farmer Beth! I'm getting everything together right now. The appointment is at 1 - so nervous! I'll keep you all updated!
Thank you everyone. Farmer Beth, I don't have any others who can testify to his behavior - but I do have his school district evaluation. Do you think I should bring that?   I will be working on the list tomorrow morning before we go. We had written down a huge long list,but it's not grouped in categories yet. Great idea Linda!
Thanks - I do have videos of him flapping, vocal stimming, banging, laughing very loudly. I was going to bring them but they are so long and Im not sure she will get the right idea from them. Alot of times when he flaps or bangs his body into something it's because I did something to upset him such as not let him be in control of everything - or not play the way he wants me to.  Wow - that sound so silly to me having typed it out! But its a fear of mine to be judged as a...
Spotted fox, do you think we should expect a diagnosis from the appointment? Just wondering if anyone got thier DX at the first visit? Sorry, but Im clueless!
Ooh thanks spotted fox. I especially agree with the family counseling.