or Connect

Posts by Thing1Thing2

My 4yo DS climbed up a stair in an indoor play place. One of the steps had exposed metal with a little bit of rust. The metal was blunt and rounded on the edge. He banged or scraped his shin against it and now has a cut and a bruise on his shin. Just wondering what the chances are of Tetanis in a shallow wound such as this.   Im a worrier by nature, so my first inclination was to run out and get the tetanis vax. But once I thought about it, I quickly changed my mind....
Sure, Linda. From what DS psychologist says, its very similar to an integrated setting. The classroom will have 2 teachers and possibly up to 2 assistants. One teachers area of expertise will be special needs.   The classroom will include typical as well as non td children.   I wish I knew more about it, but I was so happy and surprised that the board agreed that I walked out of there speechless and didn't think to ask about it. I think I will call the special ed...
Found this thread and I just wanted to update.  Its been a year since I first posted this question. Since then:   DS was accepted into the upk program in a typical classroom setting. And his teacher is amazing. She has 2 sons with sensory issues and has structured the classroom to minimize sensory overload. She has also paid special attention to DS, helping him with his fine motor skills and social skills. He did very well for a while with the support he was getting...
Thanks for the replies everyone. I worry about that too, but I guess it could go either way and maybe he could become too sensitive about it. I myself am a highly sensitive person by nature. I can not watch movies or hear stories without it affecting me deeply. I think my son has the same attributes. But other times, when he is overloaded with sensory input, he will say something like "he killed that man" or "you're going to get killed" - emphasizing the word "killed"....
Not sure if my child is gifted, but he shows a few interesting qualities. He is bright, but we are not looking to have him tested for giftedness. He has been diagnosed with Aspergers.   I thought this the best place to post my question, because of the topic and relevance.   He is currently interested in the building and sinking of the Titanic, and has become bored with most of the books. He is now reading books with more info. This means more info about loss of...
Also wondering, what if it doesnt work out with the foster care? Will they then tell her she has to leave? Or will she be able to go back into the facility she came from.
Thanks mamrhu for the info. And I do feel like maybe my sister would be happier in the least restrictive environment. But I just worry that her grades are going to slip and she is going to start sneaking out at night. She is only 19 and she has slept with at least 20 men that I know of. I feel like she is safe right now, and Im afraid that she will not benefit from less restriction. Also when they move her I'm wondering if she can just sign herself out at any time. She...
Anybody?
Oh and I forgot to mention, our father passed away when she was only 3. She is really my half sister, we share the same father.
My sister is 19 and has Aspergers/ OCD/ ODD. She's very difficult and on top of that she has also been both sexually and physically/emotionally/verbally abused. Her mother, an alcoholic and drug addict was sent to prison 2 years ago. She will be in there at least 4 more years.   My sister has become a ward of the state. No one in my family will take her in because she is so difficult. I have a 4 year old with Aspergers and even though I would have liked to help, I...