or Connect

Posts by Thing1Thing2

Thanks for asking. We never had to go to the ER. I gave him an epsom salt bath and probiotics. The "discharge" only was in his diaper twice. The next day the swelling went down and his diaper looked normal. His chiro contacted me that night saying to wait till morning, since he was acting fine and didnt have a fever.   She said it might be blood from a possible retraction (think my 4 year old and DS playing in the bath together).   So now he is perfectly fine! Im...
We have lots of food intolerances too. I haven't figured out all of ds's though. So that could be something. Thanks
Hmm... I still haven't figured out how to help my DS. He has started dribbling everywhere now. Im pretty sure he used to hold it in and let it all out in one shot, but now hes dribbling on the floor, or in the underwear or in the potty every few minutes. He just started getting his last 4 molars in, so maybe that could have something to do with it. Im not sure I want to call it regression, because he really wasnt in the habit of going on the potty all the time.   Im...
Dont have much time since my kids will be killing eachother in about 5 seconds, but wanted to say I think having the underwear on him is working.   Except that now hes running to the potty by himself and sitting down and peeing in his underwear lol!!   Also, I've stopped giving as much praise and that may also play a part.
I usually leave his diaper off after his bath in the morning. This way he most likely has already peed (in the bath yuck) and I don't have to guess when the next one will be. His special needs big brother goes to school for 2.5 hours and that gives me time to pay attention to him and watch for signals. he has about 2 hours till his next pee, unless he drinks something which gives me 20 minutes. But that was all before he started this new habit of dribbling every few...
Like I posted above, we are not EC'ing - would have loved to, but with a special needs older brother I don't have the time.   But my 17 month old has started becoming aware of his eliminating and so I figured why not leave the diaper off and try a little EC'ing. Did that for a few weeks and now he loves to go on the potty whenever his diaper is off.   Problem is this: He has started going every couple of seconds now whenever I take his diaper off. I've let it go...
Just another update - he is doing fine now. He is no longer swollen and red, and there is no more discharge. Everything looks back to normal.   We never did bring him to the doctor because we got a flat tire that morning! I will mention it to the Ped at his 18 month checkup.   Thanks mama24-7, I looked into the GAPS diet a while back when I was trying to figure out our sensitivities. We have glutamate sensitivities (broth) as well as dairy, corn, soy and gluten...
Hello and thank you for the comments and advice. Yes, I do tend toward the anxious side most of the time.   He has not had a fever or even acted as if in pain. His penis was swollen at first and its possible while I was rubbing probiotics on it, I pulled a little hard on the foreskin. Maybe you were right, jgallagher66, when you said it could have been a little blood. I did not take him in last night because he was sleeping fine and it was snowing out. This morning,...
Ok so my intact 17 month old had a swollen penis last night. The foreskin was red and i could tell the penis was swollen underneath. (It feels harder and looks larger than usual).   i just took his diaper off and noticed a foul smelling brownish discharge with some white chunky discharge disbursed throughout. i plan on taking him in, but just need some advice first.   Im not sure how serious this is and I do want to try and steer clear of antibiotics...
maybe i posted in wrong area.   I found this in case anyone ever finds this thread   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1101154/strange-smelling-urine-brown-spot-on-diaper-and-discharge-from-penis-uti   Gonna repost in case against...