or Connect

Posts by Thing1Thing2

The attention that my aspergers child requires is overwhelming. For so long I have given him so much and Im exhausted (to say the least). We are not getting much help yet, because the school district hasnt approved him yet for services.   Lately, I've stepped away from him for a break. I've paid more attention to meeting my 1 year olds needs. More attention to my needs and my DH. We need it. But I've also had a disconnect with my Aspie DS. I find myself giving up on...
Thanks for the well wishes and info hdirks..   askew - i think in my sons case this is genetic. I was so worried about my DS, but then I noticed last night that when I go to sleep, I always put my arm over both my eyes, pressing down on them. I have known for many years that this is the only way I can fall asleep. I wanted to see what would happen when I tried to take my arm off and my eyes started moving around! It was very uncomfortable to say the least.   Its...
Thanks Lollybrat for explaining that. So confusing with all these different types of drs!
Thanks for the info. My DS has it mostly when he closes his eyes. He has such a hard time going to sleep becasue his eyes wont stay still. He has been telling me since he knew how to talk that he "doesn't know how to close his eyes". That comment made so much sense when the OT made the observation that he possibly had Nystagmus.   Lollybrat, would a ped neurologist be useless in this case? He has one that he has seen once. We were thinking of taking him there first.
Hello - we are concerned that my 4 year old with Aspergers has nystagmus. His occupational therapist saw some issues with his eyes - and mentioned that it is very likely- which explains many things. We have his pediatrician dr appt next week. But suffice it to say - I am worried. I have never heard of this, except that the OT is saying its neurological.   Can anyone with experience chime in and give some info or reassurance that this is treatable?
Hey - my little guy is 11 months old. He is such a smiler and his laugh is infectious. He has food allergies and reflux - we have been through so much with him. He loves his big brother and wants to do everything his big brother does. He started walking last month and he has 7 teeth.   He eats rice noodles, salmon, fruit and cereal. He is a good eater. Still waking 3 times a night though!
Hey, I was just scrolling through the posts and happened to see your post.   Our DS was just recently diagnosed with aspergers. We originally tried the school district. I was wondering if you have tried to get your DS evaluated through the school district yet?   One help that has worked for us is to break up the day in "tasks" and then "fun time". For instance, when he wakes up, he does his "morning tasks". Teeth brushed, get dressed, have breakfast, brush hair...
Thanks taximom!  and thanks for taking the time to read my thread. Yes, I have had a rough time with both children, and the 11 month old still doesn't let me get much sleep. Add that to first day of school jitters and me being a worrier.   I'm not so much worried about polio because I know the statistics - but I have to be honest -meningitis scares the heck out of me. But I would never let him get the vax. My first has high functioning autism and (even though we dont...
Gee.. I was really hoping for some help. Should I post this in another section.. Health and healing maybe?
My 4 year old DS is starting Pre-K in September. He is unvaxxed as well as my 11 month old DS. Not (too) worried about the 4 year old being exposed to anything as he is in great health, breastfed for 2.5 years and we all eat (fairly) healthy for the most part.   I *am* worried about him bringing something home to my unvaxxed, formula fed 11 month old. (The story behind the reason he is formula fed can be found here if you are interested.)...