or Connect

Posts by Thing1Thing2

Thanks for sharing. I might go and pick some up, if theres no corn in it..
I couldn't just lurk and not express my sorrow for Dannic. So sorry Dannic... hugs to you.
Hey everyone, I've been trying to keep up with this thread (with little success). Best help for me in this thread was the plate issue (thanks to Mamafish and WhoMe!). Now that we've heard about things leaching into our food from plates, has anyone heard about cookware? Of course, I don't use any cookware with non-stick ... but, since the talk about plates I've noticed a gray coloring on my food (eggs yesterday, cream of buckwheat cereal today). I never noticed this...
I did this with 1 C. buckwheat flour 1/2 c tapioca flour 2 tsp cinnamon) 1/4 tsp sea salt 1 tsp baking soda 1 C. maple syrup 1/2 C. applesauce 1 C. coconut milk I cut up some thin apple slices and layered them in the pan before I poured the batter in. This came out beautifully and tasted so good with coconut milk ice cream. Thanks for the great recipe! I think next time I will try it with rice flour..
When ds has corn symptoms they are: reflux (arching back, spitting up, hiccupping, gas) fussiness, not going to sleep because he can't lay down because of the reflux mucousy stool If you trial eggs, I would suggest trying egg yolks first. If egg yolks are ok then move on to the whole egg. Try them by themselves and not mixed in with anything else. Do you have the corn allergen list? http://www.cornallergens.com/list/co...ergen-list.php This has been a...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrforbes What to you do to keep your house and kitchen as safe and clean for your LO w/allergies? I'm daunted by the new world of living with DS's multiple food allergies (and the pets, but that's a different post) Any tips of reorganizing your kitchen to be safe for toddlers? DS is allergic to eggs, dairy, wheat, soy and nuts. He's also allergic to our pets so I feel like I'm constantly cleaning and worrying about...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo I'm on my third day of being sick. I had a high fever last night. I feel awful but I need to keep on doing my stuff. I feel totally abandoned by DH. He needs to work late tonight. When he feels guilty he disconnects from me and it makes me feel worse. We don't have much food in the house except for a gorgeous whole fish getting old. We are having our first family reunion at our place on Friday. I really love our...
Quote: Originally Posted by MelW That's why I use scroogle for my searches. (That and their goofy anti-google cartoons). But then I use g-mail and google calendar to keep my life semi-organized, so I think I'm completely tracked hehehe - thats scroogle.ORG - I went to scroogle.com and believe me, none of you want to venture there ... of course, now some of you will just because...
DS is 15 months and can not blow his nose yet. I have tried to teach him, but I think the concept is out of reach for him. I think that once he can understand the language a little better, he may be able to blow his nose with some instruction. For now, i just squeeze his nose into a tissue when it's overloaded. OHH HAHAHAH! I thought you said "nose"! I was wondering why people were responding about musical instruments.. are they connected... hahha - im gonna leave...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamafish9 Bonnie, I'd definitely replace those - not only is glaze coming off bad, but Pfaltzgraff failed a lot of the lead tests in stuff I read - they were one of the worst offenders amongst the "high end" dinnerware . Doesn't mean yours have lead, but that's definitely a brand to avoid. And Pfaltzgraff dishes are not cheap - I have only had them for 7 years... and whos idea was it to put LEAD in something...