or Connect

Posts by Thing1Thing2

Thanks 2xy - I'm so glad you were able to recover from that horrible bacteria (and asthma!)
I know this is 4 days later, but my computer took a few sick days. Just wanted to say that the chicken liver pate recipe came out great! I used coconut oil instead of ghee / bacon lard AND I used grape juice instead of wine... I froze half of it like pp suggested.. DS loves it on thin plain rice cakes - so we have a new food... Only thing is, it's been 3 days and I still have some left in the fridge that is starting to smell a little "off" - Now if I take one bite of...
My computer has been down for the last 3 days. Vista Service Pack 2 knocked out my computer! I had to reinstall and now it's working again. So glad I can finally come back and post an update! DS is still congested and coughing even though I haven't used the Purification oil since his initial reaction. It is still in my laundry however, so I'm trying to keep anything I washed last Saturday away from him. The AR symptoms are gone and he has been eating well. I bought a...
Hmmm... that is interesting because even though he doesn't have asthma I have been noticing an "asthma" like cough from him, especially when this oil is in the air... Thank you for sharing. Whether it's an allergy or a sensitivity, DS reacts pretty strongly after a few days of exposure. I think it has something to do with the mold in our home. So, where most kids will just have typical reactions, DS has a reaction that continues to increase with exposure. Whatever...
Im talking about breathing it in and having an acid reflux reaction (which is what DS is going through right now). I washed all of our clothes on Saturday with an essential oil that is supposed to kill mold. Since then, DS has been crying, clinging and coughing and staying up nights (especially last night) with acid reflux. I haven't changed my diet - except last night we had zucchini which is different for us. Im seriously thinking its the "purification" oil I have...
I cover but not with a hat or a piece of cloth. I am covered by my uncut hair. 1 Cor 11 says that a woman should be covered and a man uncovered, but that a womans hair is given to her as a covering. If the hair is cut, then it is the same as being uncovered.
Before last week, 15 month old DS has only been separated from me on 2 occasions since he was born. Lately, I need some alone time. I have tons of work to do organizing the house because we have mold. I used to take my time cleaning, but that is not an option right now. The past three days have been so hard for him. He cries when someone takes him away from me for any period of time. He cries when I can't involve him in everything I do. He has cried so much. I tried...
To me, I think the time would be better spent on teaching baby something that is developmentally at his level. How about signing? Then at least he will get something out of it (being able to communicate his needs with you).
We have mold as well. It has actually overtaken our home. I believe that many of DS' problems stem from the fact that his immune system is suppressed because of the mold. Right now we are waiting on an interest free loan from the town to help us cover the costs of repairing the home and getting rid of the mold. Even if you have just a little mold, I would suggest some things that in hindsight I wish I had known. - get a dehumidifier for each floor of your home. Mold...
Woke up to find a trail of ants coming from the front door all the way down the hall and into the kitchen, up the counter where DH had left a nice corn flake breakfast for them. As Im trying to clean them up, DS is all over me. He's jumping on my back while Im kneeling down, pulling my pants down while Im standing up. The ants are now climbing on my feet and DS is trying to pull my glasses off my face (Im blind without them). Bad start to a day and now Im too exhausted to...