or Connect

Posts by Thing1Thing2

Quote: Originally Posted by mbbinsc My sister significantly improved her homes indoor air quality with a dehumidifier. It worked better after she had it installed to drain continuously to the outside vs changing the pan. Another need for the contractor. Did you get your house inspected prior to purchase? They should have picked up any suspicious areas. Good luck this week. Yay - I got my dehumidifier. My husband picked it up from Lowes...
DS makes me read the same books over and over again as well. His favorites are anything with real photos in them. We are currently reading the "baby eye love" series. He likes to look at the photos.. I think he gets bored with the cartoon books. The only books that I don't mind reading over and over again are "Little Critter" books. Reason? There is always something going on in the pictures that is humorous. For instance, in one of the books, Little Critter is talking...
Oh... and I was just thinking watch out for iodized salt. I use sea salt here.. but I went upstate last weekend with DS and all we had was regular iodized salt. DS got sick and I was trying to figure out why. Yes, there's corn in iodized salt! Also corn in xantham gum and most baking powder.
Quote: Originally Posted by PaulaJoAnne Forgot to mention that using a dehumidifier in the future is a good idea as well. Thanks for the suggestion. It is very humid in my house. I have been running the air conditioner on high for the past few days just to get the humidity out of here. We are all freezing, but it's all I had. DH mentioned last night maybe we should get a dehumidifier (I guess he doesn't like freezing hehe). I think I will pick...
Quote: Originally Posted by mbbinsc I know the homes on Daniel Island had construction problems (there are a few families dealing with issues). The Charleston area is coastal (and hot, humid climate) so mold is taken seriously. They just had a piece in the paper about the science building at the College of Charleston making some of the professors and students sick. Any chance you know a general contractor to look at the ceilings and see if the previous...
Quote: Originally Posted by LiLStar oh. that list really sucks. i just got a jar of sodium ascorbate, i think, without running downstairs and checking, that the brand is nutribiotic? does ALL vanilla extract contain corn? (we have costco brand) So after 2 days of no corn (if corn is, indeed, the problem) I should see a difference? I thought most things took 2 weeks! Most vanilla extract is made with ingredients derived from corn, especially...
Quote: Originally Posted by LiLStar well.. the more eczema was popping up long before the mike & ike binge but I'm sure I get tons of corn from other sources, its friggin everywhere. they weren't even that good. i got the berry and tropical ones ($2 for 2 boxes, or 1 box for $2.39. no choice but to get 2! lol) and they just tasted weird. they were the only thing i could find (well, fruity candy in general) in a gas station i could have, and the drive...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoMe I used bacon grease for a lot of the fat. That would better cover the flavor of the liver, I think. Oh, and I added some sauteed shiitake mushrooms. Definitely adding more mushrooms next time. Which reminds me, editing my egg roll post... Thanks - Ive never cooked with bacon grease before, but I figure if bacon grease works then coconut oil should... Chicken livers defrosting in the fridge.. I will let you...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoMe I'm so easily distracted So the highlight of today was when overtired, overhungry dd chose the pate on rice crackers I put in front of her over the (second helping of) chocolate chips. This pate recipe gets two thumbs up. It's my base from now on! I have been following this thread, but haven't commented until now. This recipe looks great... Has anyone tried substituting refined coconut oil for ghee? Id...
Quote: Originally Posted by mbbinsc I'd find a way to get out of the house, even if only for a vacation. Sorry that your husband does not understand the severity of the issue. There are a few families in this area that had to vacate their homes due to mold. Here is my try at a link. http://www.thedanielislandnews.com/a...ld_monster.php If that doesn't work just google Daniel Island mold. If you can find any evidence that previous owners...