or Connect

Posts by Thing1Thing2

Thanks Paula - If using the ozone really cleans the mold out of clothes in a drawer, it may also clean our carpets. And of course, I and DS will go away for the week. Now about the mold behind the walls and in the floor... the ozone obviously wouldn't be able to clean that up. But maybe it will immobilize it for a while so that I can live here without being so sick. The type of mold is aspergillus and clodosporum. And yes, there is a danger of aspergillus growing...
Paula, I didn't look into ozone, because I heard it was dangerous. I would be interested in finding more out about it, if you have any info on the safety. At this point, even if it does have some risks, I think they would have to be better than the risks of mold.
Beingmommy we purchased an air filter that supposedly gets rid of mold, but DS and I are still having reactions especially now that the weather is getting cold and damp. I have it on most of the time and its right by the couch we sleep on. It seems like it's doing something, and I would hate to think what it would be like in here without it. I try to keep Ds outside as much as possible, whether it's a walk to the library (40 minutes there) or just staying out in the...
MeIW thanks for the hugs. And thanks for the good vibes, earthsmamma. Mbbinsc, one of the things that is making me so upset is that we had someone come to my home and test for mold and DH still feels the way he does. The results were surprising. In most of the rooms, the the air was labeled as "overgrown" with mold. I had no idea that mold could be in the air floating around. My DH knows this. He knows the mold is behind the walls and in the floorboards yet he keeps...
Totally. It amazed me the day I cut corn out of my diet how different DS was. I recently found out that most corn sits around and gathers mold before they use it to make whatever they are going to make with it. So when an ingredient is made or derived from corn, most likely it has trace amounts of mold in it. In me and DS's case, our systems are already so overloaded with mold that even trace amounts can cause a big reaction.
I have been so sick over the past 4 years and about 6 months ago I found out that we have quite a bit of aspergillus mold in our house. It is in the walls, floors, carpets, ceilings... everywhere. I'm sitting here crying because my husband does not want to move - and I just want to get out of here. I guess I just need a little support from people who understand what it is like to have allergies. My baby has been sick since the week we brought him home from the hospital....
I use bluebonnet. They are totally dairy, soy, gluten and corn free. In my experience, many supplements "say" they are corn free, but use ingredients derived from corn (which Me and DS react to). Bluebonnet uses no derivatives of corn and I use many of the other supplements made by them and have no reaction. I have only tried the v-caps and Im not sure they make a liquid. Are you sure you want to supplement your child? Are you sure she needs calcium? Why not supplement...
I tried to get DS to say cuck (truck) again today, but he wasn't in the mood. ....... hahhahah Im still dying from Bea's post!
TRUCK!!!! He loves trucks... I say that word to him like 5 million times a day! It just has to be... Im gonna see if he says it again tomorrow when we play with his truck... Thanks for the translation Theoretica!
DS is 15 months and were still trying to figure out what he's saying. Of course he points at everything and we are supposed to interpret what he wants. He says "dat" (sounds like "that") and na- na (nurse) and today he just started saying "cuck" over and over again, while pointing out the car window... we have no clue what that means... I hope we can figure him out soon!