or Connect

Posts by azyre

This spoke to me - http://www.nurturinghope.com/declutt...stuff/2009/01/
I can somewhat relate, though I have started dealing with my health issues a lot later, at 37.5 weeks, so I can only imagine how heavy anticipating months ahead of it must feel. I have pih which is only somewhat controlled with medication atm, wanting a hbac, getting monitored for pre-e every few days in the hospital. I have said several times I wish I could be "normal" and go do the hospital thing without angst about it - I'd probably be holding my 10 day old baby born...
I need to remind my 5yo to "concentrate" - especially when it comes to eating breakfast and stuff like going into another room to put shoes on. When I notice she's drifted off from whatever, I redirect her attention to it, "concentrate on what you're doing darling". I figure she's at the stage where she perhaps doesn't need company while doing it, but still might need some help staying on track.
My daughter's birth in hospital was a doozy - I'm 40 weeks tomorrow, and for the last 2.5 weeks have been dealing with PIH and monitoring for pre-e which is obviously a bit of a bump in the road to my planned HB. I thought I was free of the need for a certain outcome before I got pregnant, that I would be jiggy with another outcome if it was necessary but recent events suggest otherwise At the first threat my emotional reaction panic and fear at being in a hospital, and...
I am nearly 38 weeks and yesterday after noticing some sudden swelling I checked my BP at the chemist and found it to be 160/105. I saw my midwife and it stayed high, so I went in for some further checks at the hospital - in the meantime drinking water and herb tea like a fish, having a soak in epsom salts, having a good meal etc. My bp went back down to 140/90 by the time I got to the hospital and thankfully all my lab tests were good too. Hoping more of the same tlc...
I spent a lot of time wavering between selling and donating and eventually donated the stuff - and haven't given it a second thought since! It was actually really gratifying to load it all up out the front, leave a note for the coming chairty, drive off and come home to the clutter being GONE. Feels a lot more like someone gave me something than vice versa
My DD has a "school box" that sits out in the lounge room where she always gets ready. In it is her school underwear and socks, hair ties in a container, brush, sunscreen, nit preventive , head gear and a printed routine for getting ready in the morning she helped make. Our mornings run smoothly and it's easy to tidy up after her as well. I wish I'd had it since she was a little one cause we always did hair etc in the lounge room and always had stuff "out" or was...
I'd roll them ... not so much because they will fit any better, it's just a lot easier to remove a rolled item from a pile than a folded flat one. I'd also ask him to try and prioritise his selection for the allocated space
I was going to trash and treasure our stuff, because in the past I made $150 for a carload of what I considered pretty much rubble LOL But it was a HUGE impediment to my progress to keep piling stuff up for it and the time crunch got more important than the money. In the end I sold one thing on eBay, took one car load to donate, hired a skip to trash stuff that wasn't good enough for donation, and had a charity come and pick up some larger stuff as well as another 2 or...
I agree!! I think the most important thing is that you have assessed it's place in your home, and it passed muster. I kept more tupperware than I "should" have when I organised my kitchen, but it fits in the room I have made for it, I like having it, I like using it. So it stays