or Connect

Posts by rhubarbarin

Today my 12-year-old, 20 lb dog had 4 chicken necks for her first meal, she will be having about a 1/2 cup of ground beef tripe for dinner. My 9-year-old, 75-lber had a turkey neck, he will be having about a cup and a half of whole ground rabbit for dinner. They eat a combination of bony parts and ground whole carcasses. I feed all kinds of animals: pork, goat, rabbit, mutton, turkey, chicken, duck, white fish, salmon, mouse, beef, beef tripe. They get less if...
Nearly every Pug, Maltese, Bosten Terrier, and French Bulldog I have ever met has been friendly and sweet. Beagles are nice dogs too. Mini Poodles I wouldn't recommend, lots of wonderful ones but a lot that bite. Labs and Goldens of course usually have that friendly personality and people percieve them very positively, but they are big and if they get too excited kids can go flying. Really though I would focus less on breed and more on finding an individual dog...
I had these something terrible as a kid and still get them now. Terrible musclar aches deep in the legs. What helps: drinking plenty of water, eating bananas on a regular basis, and taking a muscle-relaxer at the first twinge.
I have a cat who doesn't groom her backside very well either. She was orphaned at a young age, I think that is why. Luckily she is short-haired. I clean her anus with a flushable wipe, and if she's ever messy anywhere else I rub her down with a wet cloth. She is super-finicky about her face and paws, say if she steps in water, but not her hind end. In your case I would keep the fur there trimmed short and just rub him down with a cloth/water, and maybe try to get him used...
Yeah, there should be a lot of communication with the kids about this (sounded like the OP was already talking to them a lot). They are doubtless extremely confused about the whole thing although thankfully, from what the OP said it doesn't seem like they are traumatized. And it's most important that this doesn't happen again! If that means they can't spend unsupervised time with Grandpa that's a shame, but I wouldn't hesitate in this situation. He might not understand...
I think it all depends on the individuals and there are no age spaces that guarantee a harmonious relationship. You should be just fine. I am 5 and 7 years older than my sisters. I was thrilled to death when they were born, we played together a ton as kids, I both mothered them and played at their level. When I was older I took on more of that role as I 'sat' them and was allowed to be the boss.. I will admit I was too controlling sometimes - that's one thing you have...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommysarah5 but that just really goes back to why he brought the kids with him in the first place. : What other methods are there, if bashing is the 3rd most humane way, I wonder? Because anything else I would consider torture and then death, not just killing. I think everyone who has responded to this thread agrees that what this man did was inappropriate. He knows his stepdaughter does not want her children to be...
I was a dog-crazy kid whose parents weren't. They got me a dog after years of begging when I was 11 (I still have her!) but.. it just didn't work out so well for many years. She was supposed to be my responsibility and I wasn't ready for everything that entailed. There was a lot of conflict and my mom got stuck with dog duties she didn't want. A dog needs so much time to have good quality of life I wouldn't get one unless YOU want one. So by all means do everything you...
Quote: Just curious, but do all people who feel the need to kill to keep them at bay also feel the need to bash their head repeatedly with a stick in order to kill them? I think that's the part that really lost me on the whole "the guy was trying to be nice" and "he was only protecting his land" I don't argue he was protecting his land, but I dont think that he was only doing that. And with him doing it in front of the kids when their mother said not to makes...
If it helps I went through a similar stage at age 5 when my mom was expecting my sister. We had lost my brother, a full-term stillbirth, the year before (I remember a lot - I had been really excited to have a brother, was pretty invested in the pregnancy and was almost as devastated as my parents). I was such a mess she ended up taking me to a psychiatrist and I did almost a year of therapy. I was always a high-energy spirited kid, but it wasn't normal for me to be so...