or Connect

Posts by delicate_sunshine

We told everyone  this week.  I guess it's early, I'm only about 5 weeks along but last time we waited to tell, and it was the first time we had waited but i ended up miscarrying, so I wound up announcing the pregnancy with the miscarriage.  I suppose, for me, a miscarriage isn't something I can keep quiet and I would hate to have to do it that way again.  Part of me really wants to keep it a secret for a while, but I'm too scared of miscarrying and needing that support...
I'm nursing my 2 year old, but he will be 3 in May and I plan to wean him over the summer.  I nursed my daughter throughout his pregnancy and then tandem nursed them until she was a little over 3 (they're 25 months apart) and that worked well for us.  I can feel my milk drying up and I hope he'll go ahead and self wean, but I'm not sure that he will.  Anyway, the tandem nursing was really hard on me I felt like I never got a break and it's not something I want to do again....
Hey everybody!  My screenname is delicate_sunshine and my real name's Susannah.  You can call me by either one.  My EDD is Sept 6.  This is my 5th pregnancy, but will be my 4th child if we make it.  I had miscarriage last April, so I'm feeling pretty nervous, but also hopeful.  We plan on announcing pretty soon (as soon as DH gets around to calling his parents and telling them so they don't have to find out on Facebook, lol!)  Although, my kids started announcing at church...
Oops I was trying to post in Sept 2014!!
Is there anyone else out there with a September due date?
I haven't been terribly active; I'm mostly a lurker but I have posted some (a couple of weeks ago before I found out.)  I wanted to say good bye.  We found out last Monday that our baby did not have a heartbeat.  We appreciate your prayers.
Hugs, Serenyd.  I don't know what else to say.
Yep, that's the one I've used.  And I just made them and froze them.  It gives the sour cream a different texture than I think it would have otherwise, but it didn't bother me at all.  I've also made them lasagna style and just layered tortillas on the bottom, then filling then another layer of tortillas on top, and top with cheese to save myself the trouble of rolling them... with 3 kids that's just too much bother, lol.  I forgot to mention that I've cooked dried beans...
When I was pregnant with number 3 I froze two of each of these:  jambalaya, chicken pot pie, chicken spaghetti, chicken enchiladas, lasagna, and regular spaghetti... though after that I decided to only freeze the sauce/meat and just boil the noodles later.  I have also frozen meatloaves (precooked) with lots of success and sour cream enchiladas (recipe on pioneer woman) and gumbo.