or Connect

Posts by Pax3

Thanks! 
Hello...  I'm pg with my 3rd and tend towards pretty severe PPD.  It's under control, but my dh and I think it best to find myself a good counselor now in case I do end up needing one.  Any recommendations for counselors in the area who specialize in PPD?   Also, I am SO done with the military health system -- any recommendations for a family practitioner or general practicioner for me in this area?   Thanks!
ICK, STOP, YOU DON'T LICK THE CAT -- DON'T LICK THE CAT I SAID, NO, NO, NO THAT'S **NOT** HIS BELLYBUTTON!!! ARGH!! YOUR SISTER IS FINE, SHE'S ACROSS THE ROOM, NO SHE WON'T TAKE YOUR TOY, SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE DOING, OMG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP SCREAMING EVERYTHING!!!! WAIT, WAIT, STOP!!! NO!! DON'T LICK THE CAT!!! OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, DO **NOT** PLUNGE YOUR SISTER!!! (fortunately with a *new* plunger!)
So... we're moving to DC - this December! I'm nervous, but excited as well. The opportunities for homeschooling there are AMAZING!!! I also LOVE that it is so HB friendly since that is really important to us. DH will be working at the Pentagon. I did a thread search and got lots of good info, but didn't see anything specific to where he'll be working, so.... Where to live? I'll be homeschooling, but want good schools for resale/rental value. Single family or...
So is my family! Any info would be GREAT!
They have similar animals at the children's museum near us and my DD LOVES them... can't get enough of creating "elebras" (elephant zebreas) or "zebows" (zebra cows). A wonderful stepping stone to lots of imaginary play, language use and learning about animals. She makes no connection to it as any sort of violent act; just thinks it's neat to create new creatures and seriously increases her interest in animals overall. Then we go home and draw pictures, cut and paste...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~pi As I understand it from midwife friends and acquaintances, most clinics will prioritize women who are committed to a homebirth. Of course they still can't take on more clients than they have space for in each month, but if you state that you are committed to homebirth, you tend to get bumped up the waiting list. Cool! Especially as I've already had one homebirth and do NOT want to see the inside of a hospital...
My DD went under GA last August just prior to being 2 1/2. She would have lost all four front teeth by the new year had we waited and who knows for the other 2 caries in her molars. It was an incredibly hard decision to make, and I was worried sick (literally, I made myself sick with worry), but in consideration of our daughter, the right one. Ultimately, better difficult for me and easy for her, you know? She has no recollection and no trauma for future dental visits...
Awesome!! Thank you!!
I was looking online and saw that there is a huge midwifery population in the Toronto area, but they all seem to be based out of hospitals. Our family might be moving there next year and I was wondering if midwives attend homebirths in Toronto?