or Connect

Posts by bluebirdiemama

More on the geneology aspect. There was a question about this on the first page. In Matthew 1:6 Jesus' lineage is traced through Bathsheba, the women with whom King David had an affair, according to the history recorded in the Bible. I was reading an article several days ago that stated the following; Islam claims the Torah and New Testament were once the true expressions of God, but that He currently expresses Himself through the teachings of the quran.  Islam claims...
subbing... :)
I don't understand catholicism, but I am Christian. I would tell them that the most effective way to bring about change in your family would be to pray about it, and at all costs make all efforts to live at peace with you, not saying anything that would cause emotions (like anger, hurt, etc) to rise up within you and thus keep you from hearing what God is trying to communicate to you about Him.    
Personally I think it would be very confusing to a child to celebrate both Jesus and Santa. Both can be visually experienced via nativities, plays at church or visits at the mall, but in essence you have to believe in both of them to make it real on a personal level. Isn't it confusing to promote the believe in two such figures, one of whom you want your child to believe in and know for eternity, and the other you want your child to stop believing in at, what, 8? ...
This is something I really need to give some thought to too....  We don't do santa in our home either, but my oldest, now almost 4, is catching on to all this mentioning of santa. On top of that, apparently my husband's grandmother has forgotten altogether that we don't do santa, because she keeps bringing it up with my kids!  Asking my oldest how many cookies he is going to leave out for him and such.  I look forward to seeing others' suggestions for dealing with this.
I think every situation is different, and you may hear from God to tithes somewhere you have never been. As a general rule though, I wouldn't. When we didn't have a home church we set aside our tithes until we were sure we had found our spiritual home.  Now that we are moving ( :( ) we will mail our tithes to our current church until we find a new one.  Unless of course the Lord directs us to do differently.
What an interesting conversation!   I am going to chime in in response to the original question of "who is Jesus? ".   The difference has already been stated but I want to go into more detail about what the significance is in that difference of perspective.  From the Jewish and Islamic view I think there is really no reason why Jesus would have any significance in anything, any more than any other intelliegent, educated, possibly ordained teacher.  Even from the...
My ds is 3 yo. About 3-4 nights ago he woke up in the middle of the night to throw up a couple of times. Since then his skin has been looking a little off. Kinda blotchy. It looks like he has goosebumps, with a little bit of redness here and there. My mil said he felt like he had a minor fever the other day, other than that, nothing unusual. He is normally a big eater and that hasn't changed much, if at all. Up to last night he never mentioned being bothered by the...
If I felt like offering help wouldn't put myself or my kids in any danger, I would do that. IMO there is always something that can be done to better a situation, alleviate stress on someone, lighten their load, bring joy to someone. I have never been in contact with anyone from CPS but I have heard some stories. I know my household gets loud sometimes, sometimes I answer the door in pjs with ratty, oily hair and crabby kids, and sometimes my 3yo boy has bruises and scabs. ...
999, 805