or Connect

Posts by jenkf

Just a thought about land lines - and I am rethinking how we use our home service because we are moving... Cell phones are not problem-free (nor are land lines), and I am wary of having only a cell phone in an emergency at home. If the cell tower goes out, that's it - no phone service. Pretty much everyone I know with a cell phone, regardmess of carrier, has had problems with no service because a tower went down for whatever reason. But, I think you can have a land...
Chelle, I think this is what you're looking for... from Amer. Academy of Pediatrics: http://www.cdc.gov/nip/recs/child-sc....htm#Printable You can print out the one you want, in the format you want. Just remember, they're merely recommendations! Jen
I was able to postpone my jury duty for two years total because I was breastfeeding, but I live in MA. The first time, I had to postpone it for a year from the date of summons by calling the juror line, and the second time I had to get a note from dd's doctor stating that she was nursing and had food allergies and I could not pump sufficient milk to feed her while away. It worked. I was then called again, and willingly served because dd was old enough, and I would want...
I saw the raw foods heading and had to post... I followed the Hippocrates diet for 5 years (vegan/raw/living foods), and had periods throughout. My periods became quite a bit lighter, but also much more bothersome with horrible cramping and horrible PMS. I also developed a lot of health problems due to protein deficiency. Once back on a less-restricted whole foods diet, my periods and general health improved greatly. My opinion is that it is a wonderful diet...
LA LECHE LEAGUE!!!!!!! Go to their site and look up the leaders in your sister's area. She can call them and they will help her. The site is www.lalecheleague.org. That visiting nurse doesn't know what she's talking about - it is never too late to nurse. It is very important for her to keep pumping about every two hours during the day and at least once at night to keep up her milk supply. The milk can be fed to the baby by syringe or tiny cup (or La Leche League may...
I got a wonderful prenatal from my naturopath/midwife made by Priority One. I still take it two years later, since I am still nursing dd. It is the only multi I have ever been able to tolerate (very sensitive to drugs and supplements), and I definitely feel better taking it then not (more energy). I don't think it is available at stores, but yrou midwife might know where you can get it.
Quote: Originally posted by siddie Not an AP or LLL recommmendation but I really had the nails grating on chalkboard feeling so such frequent nursing was not mutually beneficial. LLL recommends nursing for as long as it works for both mom and child. Setting limits at some point is perfectly appropriate in many situations. If nursing interferes with yoru relationship with your toddler (you feel agitated, find yourself grumpy at her, etc), it...
I am finding with my dd, 27 mos, that sometimes she needs me to put limits, even though she may protest. I think she wants to know that I am still there, protecting her, and that I will keep her from hurting herself (most of the time!). Some things I choose to ignore and let her do what she wants, as long as she's not hurting herself or others. But, if all she wants to eat is icecream (and that's a very occasional treat in our house), I'm not going to let her do it. ...
This bill was drafted before hummers were made into pleasure vehicles. It is intended to help out farmars in its original form (deductions for tractors, combines, etc.) It was written long before any SUV available was even close to 6,000 pounds. Just goes to show you can't always see into the future (or perhaps they just didn't want to...)
I had a similar experience with a good friend of mine. We were discussing breastfeeding in general and she referred to a relative's child who was "clearly too old to still be nursing." After my initial annoyance at her comment, I asked her why the child was clearly too old to nurse, and she replied that all the mother did was nurse the child, no matter what the problem was (and then she threw in the "she can talk" line, which I choose to ignore). So, I tried to get her...