or Connect

Posts by D'sMama

Cowan and Baskind at Riverside Pediatrics 35 S Riverside Ave Croton On Hudson, NY 10520 (914) 271-2424   Penelope Sheely at Hudson Valley Well Child 59 Main St, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522 914.693.0069 http://www.hudsonvalleywellchild.com/
Hi MDC allergy experts! I hope someone can help me figure this out...   My 2.5 year old son has these symptoms: --- raised, irregular, welt-like pink&skin colored rash, about 3-4" long, on his abdomen. It's been there for around 3 weeks, no change. It doesn't itch or bother him.  --- increasing behavior/mood issues. We've had him tested through EIP and he has a speech delay and sensory issues, but neither are very strong so I wonder if they're related to...
I don't remember all of them. I remember having at least 3 garbage bags full of stuffed animals, which were my favorite. At some point I got rid of them all and then I regretted it. I also remember loving legos and not having enough, loving those marble track things, coloring books, origami, etc. Now that I think about it, I feel like I had a lot of toys and games, even though we were really poor. Hmm.
How about a mini trampoline with a bar to hold onto?
My DS had a reaction to a vaccine (DTaP) that gave him green poop for 10 days. Did yours have any vaccines recently? It could be a reaction to one of them.
No, I don't think you should. It may not be CIO, but if he's unhappy being with your DH at night, and you have a choice in the matter (i.e. you can get him to sleep and you're home and available) then it's almost as bad, IMO, to force him to cry in your DH's arms when he clearly needs YOU. You can't force a baby to be emotionally happy or comfortable in a situation where he is telling you loud and clear that he is not. He may eventually resign himself that you're not...
I was anti-stuff too. I find most new or popular baby/kid toys garish and annoying. I hate battery-operated crap and brightly colored plastic stuff and all manner of baby containers (playmats, playpens, bucket seats, strollers, cribs, bassinets, swings, bouncers, exersaucers, etc.). I didn't register for anything or have a baby shower. Honestly, depending on how "crunchy" you end up being, the only things you REALLY TRULY NEED for a baby are some clothes, some diapers...
Just a thought - have you considered starting a blog? I use my blog as a way to sneak in all my attachment parenting advocacy to the in-laws without having to talk to them directly about any of it. There are a lot of unschooling blogs that talk about the family's life and experiences, and the unschooling philosophy. It seems like that could be a good way to share what you do (or don't do!) with the skeptical folks in your life, without it being a big discussion/debate or...
For what it's worth, I thought bedsharing would be dangerous because I was such an extremely heavy sleeper before DS was born - nothing woke me up. As it turned out, all those hormones and mama instincts turned me into a very light sleeper, and we bedshared from birth, wonderfully and safely (still do, although now he has a twin on the floor next to our bed for naps and the beginning of the night, so he doesn't crawl off). Trust me, if you're not medicated, you will most...
I think what you do sounds great. If they get so frustrated that they start crying, they aren't going to "push through it" to learn any faster what they're trying to learn, kwim? Everything in good time. Besides, it's much nicer to learn something when you're feeling happy, calm and supported, no matter what age - I know if I'm frustrated to the point of tears, I'm not going to learn a thing - I need a break and a distraction before I can try again. Sometimes when DS is...