or Connect

Posts by GuavaGirl

Lately my husband and I have been feeling completely frustrated and overwhelmed with our son's [spirited/stubborn/strong willed/expressive/defiant/exhausting] behavior.  He's 3 years old.  Most days I feel at the end of my rope, and sometimes even fighting back tears wondering if I've somehow done something wrong or failed as a parent.       Let me give some of examples of what might happen in a typical day: -  Everything seems to be a cause for...
Oh, I can definitely understand your point.  I used to babysit twins and sometimes found that easier and more enjoyable that when I went to watch one child.  The twins would always play (or fight) with each other and at least keep each other company.  I would feel more exhausted entertaining one.   (twins do have the benefit of being the same age, and the same play dynamic won't kick in for a few years with a regular sibling....but it will kick in eventually)   That...
Thanks for your thoughts, everyone.   Snapdragon: I wonder if anyone really ever feels ready.  I remember feeling so scared to take the plunge to try for #1, even when I really knew that's what I wanted.  I'm an over analyzer for sure.  I think that might be my real issue.   I think one of the main reasons I want to decide is because I'm starting to think about making plans for my life.  For example, I'm thinking of going back to college.  If I'm going to get...
We have a 3 year old son and have always planned on having anywhere from 2-4 kids, with about a 2 year spacing.  When the time came to start trying for #2...I was terrified, (I think we both were)  so we decided that a 3 year spacing would be great.  When the time came to start trying, we got pregnant right away...but only found out about it in the ER because it was ectopic and ruptured my fallopian tube.  Long story short, it was a semi near death situation.  It was...
Thanks for your thoughts. I do drink at least 8 (8oz) cups of water normally.  It's usually more.   It's not that I feel bad right now.  It's that I seem to have to work harder to stay hydrated, and I get dehydrated easier than most people around me.  I've often wondered if there is some sort of underlying cause.   Since coffee is something I've only started drinking in the last couple of years, and this seems to be an issue that's been with me for a while, I...
This has been an issue for me for as long as I can remember.  It seems that water goes right through me and I had have to work harder at staying hydrated compared to those around me.  If I've been slipping up on water consumption I will start to feel it, when most won't.  (headache, slightly dizzy)  When I was in high school, I passed out a few times after being out in the sun most of the day on a hawaii vacation (and getting a bad sunburn.)  I literally have to...
Snapdragon:  He'll actually just be 3 in one month from now.  I know I never thought I would do the reward thing either!   
My son seems fully capable of using the potty and I kept hearing to wait until he's interested, but I felt like...I know my son, and if I waited until he was interested, to do things that were good for him, he would never take a nap or rinse shampoo out of his hair so I thought I should try getting a little more serious about it.  The reward method seemed to work really well and I sort of thought after the excitement of that wore off that he would just be in the habit of...
OP here!   Thanks for the advice everyone.  I made an appt awhile ago.  It's quite a wait.  ...and then he was sick and we had to miss the appt, so now we have one scheduled in 2 weeks.  I'll let you know how it goes.
Does anyone have any experience with/recommendations for an adoption agency in Oregon? (or even who to avoid?)  We're still really new to the idea, but I'm guessing that we'll go with domestic adoption.   Any info is appreciated!     (we live in Bend, OR)