or Connect

Posts by GuavaGirl

This link has some useful info on dealing with uneven milk production.  It's super common.  Overall, I would say to just offer the left first, then the right, and then express milk in the right so that's it's not painfully full. It should even out more as time goes on. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html   This link may be helpful in working with your larger breast.  You may already be doing this, but holding your baby so he's more upright,...
You're welcome!  You can let her know that the book used as a source in that chart is well respected in the breastfeeding community.  If she's still cautious about it, you can reassure her that she'll only be taking it for a short amount of time.  Many women are prescribed high doses of ibuprofen or other medication after birth to deal with pain from tearing or a c-section.  
Is there a reason that you say she can't take ibuprofen?  Both ibuprofen and acetaminophen are approved for use during lactation.   Here is a chart that you might find helpful.     http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/pain-meds.html
Thanks for those ideas.  I'm just looking for an easy dinner meal idea.   I'm just using gluten free betty crocker cake mix for the the dessert.
We're having a birthday party for my 2 year old, with about 18 people coming, on Saturday and I'm wracking my brain trying to come up with something gluten free, sort of simple, and delicious.  Also, my father in law is diabetic.   If you have any ideas, please help!       thanks :)
If you could give a new mom some advice about breastfeeding and/or tell them something you wish you would have learned early on, or when you were pregnant, what would it be? I'm a lactaction educator and I'm creating an online Breastfeeding 101 class for pregnant women. I plan to make it more in depth and more helpful than the hospital or WIC classes and perfect for those that aren't fond of sitting down and spending hours reading books about breastfeeding and just...
Motherhendoula,  Thanks for your reply.  I actually took that advice to heart about the lactation ed and just completed the Professional Education in Breastfeeding and Lactation through the Simkin Center, so now I'm technically a "Lactation Educator."  I needed to do some breastfeeding education before the DONA training.  This was above and beyond, but I figured it would be important to be well educated in it, as a postpartum doula.  So, thank you for your...
I would also like to know!  I plan on doing the same training in the near future.
What would you advise someone to do who has been trying for 4 months and charting for 3, and appears to have an 8 day luteal phase? This is my cousin's situation and I've been helping her with her charting questions and now she's wondering what she should do since she's discovered this issue.  Should she go see a doctor?  What kind of doctor? What do they do for treatment?  Should she try to treat herself somehow?  What usually causes a short LP?   Also, according...
I'm considering becoming a postpartum doula and I have a few questions.     1.  Is it very rare that someone only wants postpartum doula services?...as opposed to both birth doula and postpartum doula. 2.  How do you charge?  Is it flat fee for a certain number of visits (kind of like a birth doula) or is it just hourly.  If hourly, how much? 3.  Do you offer a sliding scale? 4.  Do mothers usually contact you during pregnancy or after birth, when they...