or Connect

Posts by GuavaGirl

A pregnancy test taken about 14 days after you ovulate is usually pretty accurate. (your ovulation date can be about 2-3 days after your first positive opk)  A dollar tree test is cheap and good.  I don't think taking a pregnancy test is a drastic measure.  I'd probably wait until I got a positive test to call a doctor.  Even if it were positive, a doctor doesn't see you until your 8-12 weeks along anyway.   ...and they will just tell you to take a urine pregnancy test,...
I use the free online program on the the tcoyf website.  I like it, but I haven't shopped around to compare to others.  I do prefer doing it on the computer rather than on paper.  I have this thermometer and it's help for years:  http://www.amazon.com/BD-524560-Digital-Basal-Thermometer/dp/B0000533AY/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1347203856&sr=1-1&keywords=bd+thermometer
I thought it might help to chime and say that in my mid 20's (young) we charted to TTC and timed things right, and it still took 5 tries.   ...and just know that it's okay to feel sad and to cry even if you're brain feels like it's irrational.  You're heart still feels it.  Let it out and you'll feel better soon and be ready to give it another go.     I know that anytime I've ever thought I might be pregnant, and then found out I'm not.....I end up being horribly...
If you haven't already read it, you will find the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility to be really helpful while TTC.  It is really great.
I'm not super clear on what you're asking here:   "Looking at my chart, do you think we're doing well enough to catch the right info?"     Also, you might find your charts easier to read and less jumpy if you switch to vaginal temping.  I tried it out and switched one month and the difference is amazing as far as being able to interpret the chart.  Here's mine so you can see what I mean:     http://tcoyf.com/members/GuavaGirl/charts/2.aspx
Just to check, how are you sure of the day you ovulated?  Charting temperatures?  OPK's?  Ovulation pain?  EWCM? I ask because it wasn't mentioned and sometimes those signs can be misinterpreted as "the day of ovulation" when they can actually happen several days before or after your actually ovulation date.  (but maybe you already know that) Depending on your method of knowing your O date, it's possible that you're not actually 18 dpo yet.      (my apologies if...
LisamommyRN:  Yeah, I would say you're definitely pregnant, with a second line on multiple FRER's.  As you've probably heard before "a line is a line."  It would be completely stark white with just the control line if you were not pregnant.  Do you know how many dpo you are?  (not that it matters, but I'm just curious)  I think it's definitely hard for the reality to set it when you don't feel any different.  My friend who recently got pregnant was responding the same...
I don't know that you would necessarily need Vitex if you're body seems to be working fine on it's own, within a few months after you stop taking the pill.  Maybe someone else could chime in on that.   My other thought was that I would stop taking the pill as soon as you can, because for some it can take a while for their cycles to regulate after the pill.  Not everyone.  ...but some.   If he isn't already, a good multivitamin for your husband wouldn't be a bad...
round2mommy:  Unfortunately a calendar, opk, and ewcm cannot tell you when you ovulated.  They just tell you that ovulation is coming in the near-ish future and that it's good time to have sex if you want to get pregnant.  Charting your temperatures would help clear up your confusion.  For example, I ovulate about 2 full days after I feel my O-pain.   Either way, good luck!
echospiritwarrior:  I know for me, that I would like to see my husband's face when I told him, and share that immediate first "oh my gosh!" feelings with him.  I'm more of the "run out of bathroom and tell" sort of person.  ;)  ...but now you've got me thinking about if I would do it differently.