or Connect

Posts by Kathryne

And I'm surprised at how relieved I feel. Finally something is simple. One baby. I've done this before. I know how to do one. The relief, I think, is in part from the reality dose I got here and from the reading I did in books recommended. And because I don't have to eat 176g of protein on an already very sick stomach. Thank you all for your thoughts and comments! Kathryne mama to one 3 1/2 year old boy and one womb-ling expected in April... *edited for...
The really short version is: I'm moving to a different state in about 6 weeks (we got an offer on our house yesterday!), so finding another midwife here is sort of a waste of time. The semi short version is: I think she doesn't want me to be disappointed if it's not twins. And she wants to make sure it's not something terrible, though no signs point to anything terrible. She called me to say that she was worried that maybe I had a hyditaform mole! I told her the...
Since my midwife out-right refuses to order an ultrasound for what she says is a "normal singleton pregnancy" unless I am measuring big for dates at 16 weeks (duh, I'm 14.5 weeks and already my uterus is above my navel) I've been collecting a "suspiscion index" which is what OBs used to use before ultrasound was readily available. (These are not in any particular order.) Twin Suspiscion Index 1) History of twins on the mother's side of the family 2) Extra pregnancy...
DaryLLL, I am ROTFLMAO about "spare parts." If I am having twins, this is a phrase I will definately use! It's right in line with my sense of humor...though likely to offend someone I say it to, no doubt. Kathryne
If there is definately only one placenta, then they are identical. But two placentas can become fused and then look like only one placenta, especially on u/s. (Fusing can happen in the early early weeks, so it's possible for that to already be the case at 18 weeks.) If the twins are b/g (boy/girl), then they are definately dizygotic (two eggs). If they are b/b or g/g then sometimes the only way to know is through zygosity testing. (Zygosity testing is an easy...
Probably, as others have said, she was holding back an anterior lip. While you are pushing, it is easier to "push" the baby past the lip and get it to "retract." This is unnecessary, unless there was an emergency, which there wasn't. I'm so sorry you were abused by these people. I agree with the suggestion to write to the hospital. If you know the name of the nurse, I would write to her personally. Then I would also write to the PR people at the hospital, as well...
Thank you all for that down-to-earth MAYBE. I'm trying not to get too excited or nervous either way. Still, yesterday I saw my midwife again at 13 1/2 weeks. My uterus was now almost to my navel. I had gained two more pounds. I continue to feel movement. We found one heartbeat and one placenta on my left side, but she didn't continue to do more searching on the right side. She did re-verified my dates and now says she feels very confident with them! My...
And maybe I am, but it's not because of this. I think I'm having twins, and my midwife acts like I'm nuts. Evidence: At 7 1/2 weeks, she could already feel my uterus just beneath my pubic bone, and I had already gained 9 pounds, even without eating much that stayed down. At 11 1/2 weeks, my uterus was between my pubic bone and my navel. I had gained another 3 pounds, still without eating much. I was already anemic in my lab results. I've been craving salt...