or Connect

Posts by nikkiethridge

Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 Is he still BFing? Have you or he added any new foods to your diet recently? A lot of kids drink more when they have reflux, because drinking "soothes" them even if it's the drink that is causing the reflux. A major cause of reflux is food intolerances, that's why I asked about new foods. The most common culprit is milk (also a common culprit for ear infections). Did he have any stomach bugs lately? A stomach...
I hope some of you take the time to read this because I'm desperate for advice! My DS is 21 months and has been vomiting up liquids for almost 2 weeks now. He keeps solids down fine, but once he gets a large amount of water/milk in him, he throws it all up. The only time I can get him to hold liquids down is if I add alot of probiotics. No fever, no diarrhea, nothing. We took him to the ped, who found he had a right ear infection and said that it may be making him...
I sent DH to the store last night and asked him to pick up some sweet potatos from produce. He came home complaining about how 4 potatoes cost him $10 dollars and I looked at the bag and they were organic JAPANESE sweet potatos Has anyone ever tried them? If so, do you still think they would be ok in a sweet potato casserole? Not sure how the 2 compare in flavor...
I think that is sweet yall are having a day out Are you going to have the baby with you? If not, maybe an arcade if she is into that? I know my 16 yo SIL loooves going to the arcade.
Oh yes. He's almost 2 but has been having snacks in the car seat since i've felt comfortable with him not choking on anything (10 months). He works up an appetite at the park so he gets a snack on the ride home to keep him happy until I can get us to the house to make lunch.
I have no idea! I'm about 99% sure we are done at 1 child. I absolutely looove having just 1 baby. Well, he's almost 2. But I just love being able to savor the moments with him and it's just me and him and I don't have to juggle anything. I would love to have more kids...but i just have no idea how that would work...It's actually a little scary of a thought for me. i still want alot of 1 on 1 time with my DS before i'd ever consider another. it will either be a huuuuge...
i think you are doing a fine job. perhaps your friend can't grasp what discipline actually is. i think most parents give a command and expect their child to always DO that command. which yeah, in situations where it's needed (child is being violent, being hateful, harmful ect) then it makes sense. you have to be a parent after all. but i think you seem very reasonable and maybe your friend just doesn't understand what type of situations require more rigorous...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoBecGo I find it frightening that there are people who really think having a happy meal carries the same risk as riding about unrestrained in a car. That one could compare the risks of ONE mcdonalds meal (possible indigestion at worst) with ONE unrestrained car journey (death at worst) i find baffling and frankly crazy. Nicely said.
Haha, I probably would have ate it but probably wouldn't have served it to DS. I'm too cheap to throw meat away.
Not sure if you are veg/vegan, but I eat meat and I make 'bulk burritos' and wrap them in foil or plastic so I can just grab them and eat when I'm in a hurry. I do bacon and egg on low carb tortillas for breakfast, and chopped grilled chicken, rice, green onions, tomatos and some chipote ranch sauce wrapped in a burrito tortilla for lunch. I try to keep those 2 things stocked because those are the 2 main meals I always seem to be too busy for! But any type of burrito is...