or Connect

Posts by mountain

Yes! It is actually more of a control issue, and it has do to with controlling women, as opposed to the caretaking of children. My X would let the children wallow in television for days with no health insurance or shoes if he could...Supporting his own ego rather than the children. It's not about the best options for the kids for him, and this is why I stay strong for my babies...
Well, I was hoping my ex would get drunk and let me continue raising the kids with my family, but it's going to take a time-sucking fight. This means I leave my mom & dad, brother & his family, I need to remember my hope, mamas, please help me remember.
(((hugs))) woman. i just want you to feel supported that the truth will out--unfortunately so many people are time-suckers. I just can't imagine my ex wanting to waste everyone's time instead of supporting family, but it happens. People that want to devote energy to the negative are vicious. It takes all the bravery in the world to fight people like that. I had court the same day you did. I broke the rules too, taking my kids to their grandparents after...
(((sending hugs))) you seem really mature, and if he's a good dad you should be able to figure things out. Transitions take time...
2009 is the year of Recovery. I have been in such a state of panic, and now I am amongst my family again, and they are taking care of me. I am recovering my feelings of self-worth, have been seeing a domestic violence counselor. This doesn't seem real to even write out, but it's true. The truth shall out. So it goes. Am getting my badly neglected finances back on track. I am working part-time, but it shall grow into a lucrative career--I will do summer camps, any...
This is my fourth Christmas as a single mom, and it gets better, I promise. It is so important to remember to keep connecting with worthwhile people. I am always amazed that my life has improved, this Christmas I spent with my parents for the first time in 14 years. My X would have never "let" me do that, as it was always more important for him to keep himself in alcohol and pot than take a precious Christmas trip. This time, I did it myself...and I am so proud of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Holland73 Start building a list of babysitters, or friends/family/colleagues/neighbors, who would be willing to help you out. My colleagues were so excited when they found out I had a date, I had about 5 offers of FREE babysitting. Asking for help is crucial! I am living with my parents,
Yes, mamas, yes! What makes us great is that WE DON"T STOP!!! We don't give up! I get up because I'm relentless in my search for love invincible for my sweet babies, energy that I brought into this world. I swore I would take care of them... I am on my last dime fighting in court, too. What can we do, there are some things we have to stupidly slallom through...
Offering support anyway. I know what it's like to be entagled with an alcoholic; it sucks. I have left mine and fled far far away back to my family. The one thing I keep coming back to: I want my children to experience positive, healthy relationships--they need to know what that looks like to the best of my ability. That's what we owe them, so I need to create it in my life. HTH