or Connect

Posts by tracymom1

The other name thread got me thinking about how nobody really calls me by my name anymore! I have several alias' with "Mom" being the most used. As odd as it sounds, my nickname, given to me by my sister in law, is "Bookclub"... yes, that's right, "Bookclub" - simply because she dragged me to a very lame bookclub and then never wanted to go back - but it was her friends and I had to force her to at least give it another few tries before throwing in the towel. So nothing...
Well, I don't have any blood siblings, but my sisters-in-law and I are all spectacularly close. They always tell me to drop the "in-law" thing because it is unnecessary - we are sisters, plain and simple. There are 3 of them and they are all my very best friends. I couldn't ask for better family.
I started an interesting thread about this a while ago... http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1270631/what-are-your-thought-on-people-begging-in-the-streets And I can say that I still don't know exactly how I feel about this. We are still in a tough place financially and I have 3 kids to feed (plus another adult who lives with us) and I really don't have the money give. I did, however, start volunteering at our synagogue's "inspiration kitchen" program and find this...
Run the Chicago marathon in less than 4:40. I can only focus on one major goal at a time!
DS1: Sensitive DD: energized DS2: smiley My kids are little (4,2 and 6 months) but they most certainly have very definable personalities. Picking only one word is challenging, but gave me a good reason to really sit down and think about who they are as people - and that is always enjoyable!
WIth my c-section, it took SIX day for my milk to come in!!!! I thought for sure it would never come. With my others, it was in within 2 days. Maybe it just takes longer after a c-section for the prolactin to get going. The only advice I have is to be persistent. And maybe have some More Milk Plus tincture or fenugreek on hand in the hospital to help with building your supply. Good luck, mama!
I remember seeing a clip on ESPN years ago that still makes me shiver. Charles Barkley (Suns basketball star) was at the free throw line. He missed his first shot, SPIT out his mouthguard, STEPPED on it repeatedly, then picked it up and PUT IT BACK IN HIS MOUTH!!!!!! Ugh! As for day-to-day things, hacking coughs make me queasy. Especially if the cougher is also smoking. Blech.
I agree that vet bills are getting out of control. Our dear cat, who had cancer (multiple myeloma, yikes) cost us over $1000 for some basic blood tests, one xray and 2 office exams. Then, when it became evident that he was in pain and suffering, the euthinasia (sp?) was around $400. We are not well off and this was a MAJOR expense for us - so much so that I had to put off my dental work and dip into the money we were saving for haunkkah gifts. We are responsible pet...
Aveda's Shapure shampoo is my all time favorite smell. Also: rosemary pine almond oil almost anything baking - bread, cookies, cakes, etc...
I think if it bothers you this much, maybe your DD shouldn't stay with your MIL. Can you find another occasional babysitter - like a local college student, aunt, cousin, friend? There are a million places to find a potential caregiver if you need someone every so often. And it sounds like in this case, both you and your DD might be better off with someone who follows your instructions because she is getting paid to instead of someone who feels they can do as they...