or Connect

Posts by tracymom1

Thank you for sharing your story. Much healing and love to you as you prepare for your VBAC!!
For me, and I realize this is not the popular opinion here, I would go to the hospital. We have an amazing hospital near us with a level 3 NICU and excellent care. When my first was born via planned c-section due to vasa previa, bleeding, and PTL, I was told there was a high risk of him having a birth injury. He ended up being just perfect, but that experience made me realize that if I knew something out of the ordinary was going to occur, I would be more comfortable in...
I had a small labial tear with my last one. Though it was a bit painful for a couple of weeks, it healed naturally and without any complications. For a large tear, I would seek the attention of a midwife to stitch it up. Just keep in mind that in general, the medical professionals usually will not suture up a perineal tear if it has been longer than 12 hours since it happened. This is not an absolute, but a general practice - after a certain length of time, the worry...
I brought my 2 HBAC/UC babies to the doc a couple of days after they were born. Mostly for 2 reasons - one was peace of mind for DH and I - we completely love our kid's ped and wanted him see them and establish care for the new baby, just in case of emergency. Sometimes there are things that could be overlooked by new parents that a doctor can pick up on right away. Although I am not one who normally runs to conventional medicine as a first line of defense, I felt it...
I have some very gently used baby boy clothes, size 3-6 months. Some onsies, pants and sleepers.
This is a tricky one... I don't believe that lying is the way to go when talking about something like your baby's birth, but I understand why someone would lie in order to avoid criticism or negativity. How come you are seeking care from an OB instead of a midwife this time around? Oftentimes, people are more open and accepting of the idea of a homebirth when you are working with a midwife (not to mention you are planning on being at home anyway so why not seek care from...
If guilt=pain, I would have had a much harder time with my labors than I did!! I carry around a large burden of guilt and have gotten so caught up in mommyland that I do not take the time needed to work it all out. Both my labors were certainly not pain-free, but they were not that bad at all.
MDC takes a pretty strong stance renouncing routine male circumcision and I am sure that thought carries over to female circumcision as well. This is probably not the place for such a question.
I used a fetoscope, but they can be tricky if you are not used to listening for heart tones. I would say a $60 doppler is probably not of the best quality but worth a try if you have the extra money. A fetoscope is only $10 r $15 dollars on Amazon so if the doppler doesn't work you could always return it and easily get the fetoscope.
I have stayed out of this for fear of being dragged into something I don't care to fight about, but I just want to say this briefly and politely: I had a UC and all my children have birth certificates and SS#s. I completely believe that in this day and age, living off the grid - to the extreme of not having these documents - does more harm than good in the long run. Children deserve the opportunity to live life the way they see fit - not how you deem it worthy. I want...